Person tread water on the news

jodyndavid2004

And she did state, "I fell off the back of the Norwegian Star and I was in the water for 10 hours, so these wonderful guys rescued me," she told HRT, Croatia's state television network.

You don't just fall off a cruise ship, you need to climb up where you shouldn't, for whatever reason, then you can fall. Or be at a railing during a severe storm

It's the why you climbed where you shouldn't have that needs to be addressed.

And what the repercussions could or should be, if warranted.

Another site - and I'm trying to find it right now - said she argued with her boyfriend after several cocktails and a "few sips" of wine, took off her clothes, and jumped. I saw her on the video when she was getting off the ship, she seemed pretty pleased with the press she was getting. How she managed for 10 hours in the Adriatic sea is beyond me, but she lived to tell the tale.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Another site - and I'm trying to find it right now - said she argued with her boyfriend after several cocktails and a "few sips" of wine, took off her clothes, and jumped. I saw her on the video when she was getting off the ship, she seemed pretty pleased with the press she was getting. How she managed for 10 hours in the Adriatic sea is beyond me, but she lived to tell the tale.

Is this the site? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6075837/British-woman-saved-TEN-HOURS-falling-sea-cruise-ship-coast-Croatia.html#newcomment

My wife thinks she had built in flotation devices with her during the entire ordeal - her breast implants. ;)

As for treading water for 10 hours, I rather doubt that she did. Most people can reasonably float without too much effort, especially if the water isn't rough. Simply floating on her back would conserve energy, and since the water is warm in that part of the Adriatic Sea, she would not have lost body heat too rapidly to survive for those 10 hours.

Still, although she appears to have been drunk and angry at the same time - a toxic mix, for sure - I am glad she survived. She is sure milking it for all the attention she can get, though. :eek:

More to this story, one does not just fall off a cruise ship.......;)

Totally correct, from experience, the primary reason for going overboard from a ship is suicide, followed by alcohol induced stupidity and then foul play.

Is this the site? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6075837/British-woman-saved-TEN-HOURS-falling-sea-cruise-ship-coast-Croatia.html#newcomment

Still, although she appears to have been drunk and angry at the same time - a toxic mix, for sure - I am glad she survived. She is sure milking it for all the attention she can get, though.

That is a more in-depth article than the one I was looking for, but it details what was going on. I agree with the fact that she likely floated a good deal of the time, because - I don't care how fit you are - treading water for 10 hours? It looks like she's looking for attention and got it big time. I wonder how her employers are going to view this incident?

It's amazing she had the presence of mind to tie a knot in her shirt before going ashore :eek:

Also, amazing that Croatian CG have women's sized cut of shorts available to the rescued.

Just what I noticed on the images posted. :eek: