M Class - Celebrity

1 cruise

We have sailed on most of the M class ships so perhaps I can help. Our cruising buddies had 6132 on one of our voyages and we were in the cabin often. I would hope you consider a few things before you book.

Both cabins are the same size. The balconies are quite different. 8117 is the standard SS balcony with cover from deck 9. 6131 has a huge balcony BUT the majority of the deck is uncovered and because it is in the jut out it can get very windy.

There is no doubt that I would opt for 6131 if I wanted to sun and was on a port intensive cruise with sailing during the night. If you wish to have protection from rain and wind then choose 8117.

Also note that the stairs/elevators that are pictured on the deck plan across from 6131 are crew areas. Passengers must use the center or forward elevators and the stewards use this area to stow laundry and service carts.

Unless there is an unruly crowd by the elevators you should not be bothered by noise in 8117 since it is fairly close to the elevators.

I hope this has helped and I will try to answer any additional questions if I can.

• 1 month later...
We have sailed on most of the M class ships so perhaps I can help. Our cruising buddies had 6132 on one of our voyages and we were in the cabin often. I would hope you consider a few things before you book.

Both cabins are the same size. The balconies are quite different. 8117 is the standard SS balcony with cover from deck 9. 6131 has a huge balcony BUT the majority of the deck is uncovered and because it is in the jut out it can get very windy.

There is no doubt that I would opt for 6131 if I wanted to sun and was on a port intensive cruise with sailing during the night. If you wish to have protection from rain and wind then choose 8117.

Also note that the stairs/elevators that are pictured on the deck plan across from 6131 are crew areas. Passengers must use the center or forward elevators and the stewards use this area to stow laundry and service carts.

Unless there is an unruly crowd by the elevators you should not be bothered by noise in 8117 since it is fairly close to the elevators.

I hope this has helped and I will try to answer any additional questions if I can.

With that said, what about the elevators with the cabins of 8117 and 9111, can they see in from the elevators? Would it be wiser to get one of the suites on deck 6 then like 6131 is still available as is 6125 and 6126 on the starboard side? Thanks...:confused:

Archived