GEM out of NYC - Port Parking Fee?

katiemylady

Hi all! I tried to search but couldn't find an answer. My boyfriend and I are cruising on the Gem out of NYC in April. We live in the Boston area, so a drive is doable. We were contemplating between taking a Peter Pan and/or MegaBus trip to the port, or driving and parking at the port for the week. Does anyone know the cost of parking at the port per night so we can gauge pricing differences? Thanks so much in advance!

I believe it is $40 per night, but only for the first 10 days, then you pay nothing for a period of time. A word of caution: it is an outdoor lot, so if it snows your car will be plowed in. Not a particularly pleasant thing to return to. I've seen many people essentially stranded.

$280 for the week. Very convenient. End of cruise porter will take your luggage up to the roof. Only cars sailing on that cruise will be allowed up there. Once you sail, it is closed off to any other parking. Done it numerous time, no problems.

The Hilton Garden Inn in NJ has a "Park, Ride, and Cruise" Package. If you stay the night before your cruise with them, they'll give you a ride to & from your ship and let you leave your car in their lot for the duration. I booked for a 7-day on Escape in July, came to $299 (breakfast included).

The Hilton Garden Inn in NJ has a "Park, Ride, and Cruise" Package. If you stay the night before your cruise with them, they'll give you a ride to & from your ship and let you leave your car in their lot for the duration. I booked for a 7-day on Escape in July, came to $299 (breakfast included).

Does anyone know of any other hotels with a similar offer? I checked this one but it has no availability for our night. We are driving in the night before our cruise so we need a hotel anyway, and would rather not drive into the city if it can be avoided. Thanks!

Does anyone know of any other hotels with a similar offer? I checked this one but it has no availability for our night. We are driving in the night before our cruise so we need a hotel anyway, and would rather not drive into the city if it can be avoided. Thanks!

Come over to the East Coast forum for the latest ... there are others within the area - post your details & specifics or search/contact the property directly via their local telephone #, not the toll-free 800/central reservation for the chains.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2592632

We were on the Gem last summer and parked on the roof. I had a coupon for 25% off, so our 7 day cruise cost $210. You can’t best the connivence to park at the pier.

Oooh, where'd you get the coupon? That sounds like a valuable item!

See this official notice - the exclusive Gem discount has been discontinued & no longer honored, effective July 1, 2017 per NYCruise - NYCEDC.

https://www.nycruise.com/manhattan-terminal/parking/

See post #29 - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2313234&page=2&highlight=NYC+Gem+parking

As for parkjockey - beware of surcharges for suv, minivan & all over-sized (height, length, width, etc.) vehicles, actual savings varied - due diligence strongly urged & advised.

• 4 weeks later...

These hotels offer Stay, Park, & Cruise with shuttle to / from MCT: Hilton Garden Inn (201.641.2024) and Hampton Inn (201.641.2900) both in Ridgefield Park, NJ. Make sure to contact the hotel directly for the T&Cs.

Can I ask with the ship coming in at 1000 is it likely to find parking on the roof at 1000?
Even if Pier 88 is still pack, Pier 90 next door will be open to relieve those arriving ... just drive up straight using the one ramp, port parking/security will direct the lines of vehicles arriving.

AIS data earlier showed the Gem coming in a little earlier, ETA probably around 9 AM, once cleared, Express Walkoff usually are quick & those parked will be driving off by 10 AM.

Just keep your eyes on ship's life webcam in the morning - should be near if not passing under the VZ Bridge @ SI by 8 AM or so.