NO cost beverages on Koningsdam

Lyndihop

What are and where are the available free beverages?

Can we order ice tea or lemonade or ???? at dinner/buffet at no cost?

And is there anywhere to refill water bottles?

Is water safe to drink out of bathroom spigot?

Fleetwide, the drink situation is the same. Tap water is fine. You can fill water bottles in the Lido.

You can get ice tea, coffee, tea at meals for free. I don't know about lemonade.

Breakfast gets you all sorts of fruit beverages, OJ, tomato, pineapple, apple. Milk and chocolate milk.

Actually, you can't fill water bottles in the Lido. It's against health regulations. You can, however, get a glass of water from the station and fill your bottle that way. There is also lemonade available.

You can get ice tea, coffee, tea at meals for free. I don't know about lemonade.

Breakfast gets you all sorts of fruit beverages, OJ, tomato, pineapple, apple. Milk and chocolate milk.

Lido also has hot chocolate packets by the tea.

2018 KBYG

In the latest Know Before You Go, dated 7/18, Page 15 still mentions the “evening espresso or cappuccino” in the list of Shipboard Meals complimentary items. For years these were free in the dining room during the evening meal. But for a few years now, there has been a charge for them listed on the dinner menu. Just wanted to pass that along for those reading the KBYG, that recent menus still show a charge despite what the KBYG implies.

• 1 month later...
2018 KBYG

In the latest Know Before You Go, dated 7/18, Page 15 still mentions the “evening espresso or cappuccino” in the list of Shipboard Meals complimentary items. For years these were free in the dining room during the evening meal. But for a few years now, there has been a charge for them listed on the dinner menu. Just wanted to pass that along for those reading the KBYG, that recent menus still show a charge despite what the KBYG implies.

Yes you are charged for them, my DW has a cappuccino after dinner almost everytime and we have paid for it. However I think you are suppose to get the mariner discount. We have not been successful on that, but I am sure I have read since our last cruise you are suppose to get the discount. I will check that out this Oct. on the Koningsdam.

Yes you are charged for them, my DW has a cappuccino after dinner almost everytime and we have paid for it. However I think you are suppose to get the mariner discount. We have not been successful on that, but I am sure I have read since our last cruise you are suppose to get the discount. I will check that out this Oct. on the Koningsdam.

You should be getting the discount. I haven’t ordered specialty coffees in the dining room but I do get the discount in the Explorations Cafe. Here is a blurb from the Mariner Society page:

18a5a36dc47e94c7026e80eb189603c8.jpg

Since not having sailed HAL I wasn’t sure of the choices. The past Celebrity we sailed did have lemonade. Ice tea is fine. Thanks everyone. Oh, are there water fountains?

No water fountains but there are water dispensers on Lido available 24/7. Have a great time!

You should be getting the discount. I haven’t ordered specialty coffees in the dining room but I do get the discount in the Explorations Cafe. Here is a blurb from the Mariner Society page:

The perks above are for 4 star mariners. 3 star mariners get a 25% discount on the specialty coffees in dining venues while 1 and 2 star get no discount.

We thought so too, but last Oct, 2017 on a Maasdam cruise to Australia the front desk said no.

So we stopped ordering it in the dining room and went to the Exploration café for our after dinner coffee. It was better there anyway and in a larger cup. Thank you. Will let you know in Nov. 2018 if we get it.

There has been a water fill station on last three HAL ships we've been on. It's a fountain with a bottle fill spout. There was one on each side of the Lido on the Noordam, Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam. I have pictures, but not handy.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Now that you mention it, I think there was a water fountain up by the basketball area on the Westie.

There's always drinks available at the Lido. Water, ice tea, lemonade, hot tea, hot chocolate are almost always available there. Lots more choices at breakfast, either in the Lido or MDR.