Deluxe package Explorer of the Seas Alaska worth it?

At some point about 4-6 months prior to your sailing, you'll find sales to purchase it at a cost around $40 or $45 bucks per person per day, then it's more palletable, at least it was for us. We're aboard her in September for a four night Victoria cruise. Only you can determine if it's worth it for you, it does include coffees, water, soda and all. We like having our costs capped.

Deluxe package Explorer of the Seas Alaska worth it? Can any tell me how much are beer, cocktails, etc.. are.

Beer: $6.50 to $8.50. Simple well drinks around $9. Fancy/blender/frozen/upper shelf drinks around $12. Add 18% for tip.

No one but you can determine whether a package is “worth it” to you personally. For me, no. Don’t really drink during the day, have my Diamond drinks at night plus the wine I bring on. Don’t drink soda, coffee or oj and don’t have a problem with ship’s water. Ymmv.

I did not find it worth it to us on our recent Alaska trip. We had gotten it on our last Caribbean cruise (Enchantment in Feb), but decided to pay as we went in Alaska. Because of it being excursion heavy, we were off the boat more (and not anywhere like Coco Cay or Labadee where it counted), plus I was less likely to drink cocktails pool side. I would say unless you drink a LOT in the evenings, it might be less "worth it" than on a warm weather cruise. Just my two cents.

we purchased it for our upcoming cruise. seems even if I have two drinks in the evening coupled with anything else included during the day (espresso, a club soda here and there) it would be worth it. I honestly don't want to see umpteen charges a day for beverages on my bill daily. also we are off the boat for three days but the coffee specials in morning and drinks at night will balance out.

we purchased it for our upcoming cruise. seems even if I have two drinks in the evening coupled with anything else included during the day (espresso, a club soda here and there) it would be worth it. I honestly don't want to see umpteen charges a day for beverages on my bill daily. also we are off the boat for three days but the coffee specials in morning and drinks at night will balance out.

100% agreed

• 2 weeks later...