Customer (phone) service....fantastic!

OnTheJourney

Don't know if anyone else has found this to be true, but so far the level of personal service I've gotten by talking to their agents has been better than any other cruise line I've dealt with. It is so nice to talk to someone that you can not only understand very clearly, but also takes as much time as needed to go over everything. I called with one specific question and yet the agent explored practically every aspect of the trip, thus leading to other issues that I wasn't sure about and yet would not have thought to ask. So far...I'm really impressed compared to customer relations I've experienced with other lines I've sailed with. DW and I are really looking forward to trying Viking on our 2019 cruise and may well become regular customers. I also love how they offer the river / ocean combined voyages. Have to do that sometime.

On the other hand I just got a call today from my sister-in-law whom I'd encouraged to try Viking as we have had good experiences* on our several Viking cruises. She said that the customer rep was flippant and was unable to answer her questions. She booked with another ocean cruise line saying that in marked contrast they were very professional and helpful.

*but alas not with Viking corporate office