Viking Sun ~ Caribbean

Maryvy

Just returned from the Viking Sea cruise in the Caribbean and I must give Viking Ocean a good review ... against some issues beyond their control. There were rough seas, there were some holiday closure issues at some excursions BUT The Viking organization did everything they could possibly do to make those of us on the boat comfortable. I genuinely appreciate all they did for us. The excellent wi-fi coverage, the free wine & beer at meal times, the delicious meal presentations, both at the World Cafe and the two gourmet restaurants and the smooth transitions from airport to boat and back to airport is to be noted and celebrated. Thank You Viking Ocean. My only suggestion is a personal one - the pools are around 5’ deep and I can’t do my normal water jogging ... but it’s a bit much for me to ask them to lower the water level. Thank you again for a wonderful trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for your review.

What was your favorite food, meal?

I will be on the Sea next month.

Being in port on a Sunday cannot usually be avoided and in some towns things will be closed; or on a Monday,museums will be closed.

Edited by Azulann

I’m confused. The title says Viking Sun, but the review mentions the Viking Sea.

If you were on the Viking Sea and did the West Indies Explorer itinerary, I have some questions for you - if you don’t min - as we will be doing this itinerary on the Viking Sea next month.

I had heard that complaint about the pools being too deep. I guess I’ll get some exercise treading water [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Favorite meal for me was the Dover sole- I originally ordered lobster thermidor, but didn’t care for it. The server immediately noticed I wasn’t eating it, and asked what else they could bring. So I chose the sole, it was absolutely delicious, cooked perfectly!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Favorite meal for me was the Dover sole- I originally ordered lobster thermidor, but didn’t care for it. The server immediately noticed I wasn’t eating it, and asked what else they could bring. So I chose the sole, it was absolutely delicious, cooked perfectly!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!

I love Dover sole. Will be sure to order it when I am on board.

Thanks everyone -sorry for the confusion - the ship I was on was the Viking Sea. The ship is beautiful! The best part of the trip was meeting and enjoying talking to the other cruisers on the boat. The Viking Line seems to attract amazing accomplished people. The meal I enjoyed the most was the lamb in Manfredi’s. Other tips - the sorbet (green tea & strawberry) not to miss - as well, for quick bites Mamsen’s in the Explorers Lounge ... oh, and the ginger cookies ...