Lots of Labadee questions

shopnagain

The web site is a little misleading. It asks how many people for the clamshell lounger (not how many clamshells). If you say 1, Life is Good is correct - the cost is $45. If you say 2 people, the cost is $90 - but I assume that give you two loungers (?), not two people, like they ask for on the website. Good info - thanks for passing that along Life is Good Cruising.

• 2 weeks later...

Never been to Labadee and have enjoyed looking at some of the pictures. I've seen a couple pictures online of what appears to be a stone walkway that looks out to sea, with a few benches, lounge chairs, and tables/umbrellas. I'm thinking it is near Dragon's Bar? Is it difficult to get a space there to sit and enjoy a drink and the view? The more I look at the pictures of this the more I am looking forward to it, just don't want to disappoint myself if its near impossible to get a spot there.

The web site is a little misleading. It asks how many people for the clamshell lounger (not how many clamshells). If you say 1, Life is Good is correct - the cost is $45. If you say 2 people, the cost is $90 - but I assume that give you two loungers (?), not two people, like they ask for on the website. Good info - thanks for passing that along Life is Good Cruising.

You're correct, it is misleading for the Clamshells on the Cruise Planner, as it does come with 2 loungers. It is a total of $45 for 2 people to rent a Clamshell that has 2 Loungers inside.

Never been to Labadee and have enjoyed looking at some of the pictures. I've seen a couple pictures online of what appears to be a stone walkway that looks out to sea, with a few benches, lounge chairs, and tables/umbrellas. I'm thinking it is near Dragon's Bar? Is it difficult to get a space there to sit and enjoy a drink and the view? The more I look at the pictures of this the more I am looking forward to it, just don't want to disappoint myself if its near impossible to get a spot there.

Besides Barefoot Beach which is for Suites and Pinnacles, IMO, one of the best beaches on Labadee is Columbus Cove, which has soft sand and no rocks.

To go to Columbus Cove, you can take either the water taxi which will be on your right as you exit the ship or you can take a tram at the first roundabout. Walking will take approx. 20 minutes to reach Columbus Cove, plenty of loungers for sun or shade there.

Don't forget to walk up to the top of the hill to Dragons Breath lookout. It is beautiful and worth a few minutes.

It is to your left as you enter Labadee. The path goes up the hill by where the zip line ends. You kind of have to know it is there.

Short path (bathroom up there too) takes you to see the ocean, the zip line and the ship. Great spot for pictures. There's a round lookout area.

When the waves come through the rocks, you can hear the dragon breathe.

• 4 months later...
Are drinks charged to your cruise card or do you need cash? Thank You.

Charge to your cruise card. The only cash you will need is if you want to do any shopping - they have an area where local Haitians will sell souvenirs and stuff. Also, if you wanted to tip the people who help set up the beach loungers, that is in cash too. Everything else is free or on the card.

Charge to your cruise card. The only cash you will need is if you want to do any shopping - they have an area where local Haitians will sell souvenirs and stuff. Also, if you wanted to tip the people who help set up the beach loungers, that is in cash too. Everything else is free or on the card.

Thank You!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums