Arcadia Refurbishment Mystery

Selbourne

From the article linked above: "P&O is promising a new “wow factor” for the ship’s atrium and reception including a new nautical-themed wall."

It would seem it's the latter. Pitty, but better than nothing.

Thanks for spotting that. At least that solves that one.. although, I wonder, will it be the Prom deck wall? I really hope they're not talking about the wall where that banquette seating is.

I've seen some snaps of the work in progress (elsewhere on the t'interwebs). They're doing quite a fair bit more than I thought. Even little touches like more wooden accents in places - such as in the Belevedere and the photo display racks. I wonder if this is in part to make those Adonia fans feel more at home?

From the article linked above: "P&O is promising a new “wow factor” for the ship’s atrium and reception including a new nautical-themed wall."

It would seem it's the latter. Pitty, but better than nothing.

Well, I just hope that the new 'feature wall' is better than the dreadful wall of faux foliage they have installed in Oriana's atrium!

I really hope that carpet in the Atrium looks better when you are there in person... :eek:

It’s designed in order to disguise spillages from the passengers who have secreted bootleg alcohol about their person in order to out-wit the security staff when boarding the ship once the new regulations come into force ;)

It’s designed in order to disguise spillages from the passengers who have secreted bootleg alcohol about their person in order to out-wit the security staff when boarding the ship once the new regulations come into force ;)

Wish there was a "like" button on this forum!

So, you and Mrs S will be booking exclusively on Arcadia in the future then... ;)

Some photos post refit.ab42f39f1e110dc519223007f6fc1a31.jpg1accb11ae17597cf67973a67cdeb3dd0.jpg21269be4c4b8dd41ecfc3f9e9b96af48.jpgf7a28fcec0133ad72915398daf056c94.jpg

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

WOW! I like the carpet and the wallpaper. Is it a photo mosaic or is it some kind of stone? BUT, I notice the beige wall one deck up that encloses Ocean Grill is still just a beige wall. That's a shame. Imagine if that wall was missing how open and dramatic the atrium would be.

Hi all,

I think I might have the answer to some of your questions. Here are the latest photos from Arcadia post refit 2017. Would love to hear your thoughts on the changes. http://www.thecruiseblogger.com/photos-po-cruises-arcadia-refit-2017/

Thanks for posting these photos. It’s difficult to really pass a proper opinion until you see things ‘in the flesh’, but I think that the public areas look quite smart and contemporary. Given the hype about the suites, the photo of one left me underwhelmed, which is a shame as we have an aft corner wrap suite booked on Arcadia next year. It still looks quite dated, but I shall reserve judgement until we stay in it.