Anyone rent a scooter at the island for the day? Specifically Aruba or Curacao?

belsoboogie

Hello all,

My mom is joining us on a cruise in a few weeks and has mobility issues. She can walk, but not long distance due to severe knee problems. I would love for her to enjoy 2 of the ports that we will be at from 7-9pm. Since she can walk, she doesn't really want to rent a scooter to have on board.

Does anyone know of any reputable companies on either Aruba or Curacao that will rent a scooter for a day? I did find one place on Aruba https://www.essentialaruba.com/rentals/ , but I don't see much in terms of reviews. This does sound like a good deal though, for $20 for the day? Or if either island has like golf carts or something we could rent to get around? Open to any suggestions. She really would just like to look around/shop - not trying to go to the beach or excursions.

Thanks so much for the advice!

-ie

Hello all,

My mom is joining us on a cruise in a few weeks and has mobility issues. She can walk, but not long distance due to severe knee problems. I would love for her to enjoy 2 of the ports that we will be at from 7-9pm. Since she can walk, she doesn't really want to rent a scooter to have on board.

Does anyone know of any reputable companies on either Aruba or Curacao that will rent a scooter for a day? I did find one place on Aruba https://www.essentialaruba.com/rentals/ , but I don't see much in terms of reviews. This does sound like a good deal though, for $20 for the day? Or if either island has like golf carts or something we could rent to get around? Open to any suggestions. She really would just like to look around/shop - not trying to go to the beach or excursions.

Thanks so much for the advice!

-ie

Day rentals in port are hard to fine. Even if one is found you need to understand how pickup and return is handled as the rental provider will not be allowed to enter the port/dock area nor board the ship. It's also important to understand that rentals have to be pre-paid and there are generally no refunds unless the vendor offers insurance that you also purchased. Therefore if for some reason the itinerary changes while on the cruise there probably won't be refund.

Given all the walking that's required on the ship which is mostly likely more than your Mother does daily at home, given her knee issues IMO you should really considering renting one for the full cruise,

Day rentals in port are hard to fine. Even if one is found you need to understand how pickup and return is handled as the rental provider will not be allowed to enter the port/dock area nor board the ship. It's also important to understand that rentals have to be pre-paid and there are generally no refunds unless the vendor offers insurance that you also purchased. Therefore if for some reason the itinerary changes while on the cruise there probably won't be refund.

Given all the walking that's required on the ship which is mostly likely more than your Mother does daily at home, given her knee issues IMO you should really considering renting one for the full cruise,

Thanks so much! After I hit send, a couple of your points swirled in my head. Maybe hearing it from someone on the interwebs will convince her! She's not listening to me! :D Thank you!! - ie

Hello all,

Does anyone know of any reputable companies on either Aruba or Curacao that will rent a scooter for a day?

Having just returned from both ports, it is hot there. A scooter is a life saver. Also, the "10 minute walk to town", I dare any normal person to do it. ( Curacao). Get a scooter ahead of time. Ships are big. She will appreciate not being worn out by just walking to breakfast. You can do it pretty last minute, too. Just hope it fits in your cabin. I won't cruise without one again.

• 2 weeks later...