Allianz OneTrip Premier - is coverage per person?

zitsky

Looking at two quotes, both from Allianz. One from TA, one directly from Allianz.

Over the phone Allianz rep tells me the quote is for two people. There is a section where you can list people in your group. But nowhere else does it say who is covered. I have a quote from TA (from the same company) that shows 100% of trip covered for cancellation or interruption.

My quote directly from the company (Allianz), not from TA, just lists these limits, which are supposed to be per person.

Our trip cost is just about $8,000.

Trip Cancellation

$4,000 Reimburses your prepaid, non-refundable expenses if you must cancel your trip due to a covered reason.

- Trip InterruptionTrip Interruption

$6,000 Reimburses you for the unused, non-refundable portion of your trip and for the increased transportation costs it takes for you to return home due to a covered reason.

Is what Allianz is telling me correct? That their coverage is really 2X to cover everyone in your party?

I just did a test on the Allianz web site, and it looks like your TA is describing the Allianz basic insurance, and the person you spoke to was describing the premier policy that increases your coverage not only for trip cancellation and interruption, but your medical and evacuation coverage as well. However, the cost of premier is almost double that of the basic policy. You should go to the web site and read exactly what you are getting. The basic $10k medical coverage isn’t very much, IMO.

https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/purchase

ETA - either policy is per person

I use insuremytrip.com to buy our travel insurance. EveryThing is clearly explained and policies can be compared side-by-side. There are links to read the actual policies before you buy.

Maybe an option for you?

I use insuremytrip.com to buy our travel insurance. EveryThing is clearly explained and policies can be compared side-by-side. There are links to read the actual policies before you buy.

Maybe an option for you?

Yes. I have visited that site. That's how I compared AIG with Allianz.