Silhouette Review - Baltic Region – 23 June 2018 to 7 July 2018

Silkroad

Thanks so much afto. I’m very happy you enjoyed it. Your own review is one of my favorites:)

I’ll admit that I was sometimes irritated by Celebrity’s processes, or taken aback by the rudeness of a fellow passenger, but these occurrences were so infrequent that I would have been foolish to let them ruin my holiday. We’re not retired, so every holiday together is extra precious, too precious to let glitches or grumps affect our happiness.

Those who wished to explore Tallinn on their own had two options:

* walking to the old city wall (15 to 25 minutes depending upon pace)

* HOHO bus costing 8 euros per person round trip. (Cash or credit card)

Tallinn was a beautiful, charming city (albeit crowded near the main tourist sites). Whenever we felt like escaping the crowds, we easily found a public park or garden containing plenty of shaded benches.

7c579b4eea8ce7f6385343080ed2bb34.jpg6351bccc8aa45990000890857733df73.jpgdf19f3c9327a448b674273015800bf9f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great picture thanks for sharing

A friend’s comment reminds me that I didn’t review two issues about which there is frequent debate on this forum. These issues are service animals and scooters. These are my observations and experiences only. Should anyone else on this sailing have had a different experience, feel free to comment.

I saw no service animals (legitimate or fake) on this sailing.

Though I noticed people who used mobility aids, most used canes, wheelchairs or walkers. I encountered only one gentleman on a scooter, and he was using the utmost care to avoid running into anyone else. In general, it appeared that the rest of us were aware & considerate enough to avoid cutting off fellow passengers who were using mobility aids.

Celebrity staff in the Ocean View Cafe (buffet) were present in greater numbers than I’d seen since my first cruise in 2006. They were offering to help anyone with mobility issues to obtain their food and drinks and return safely to their tables.

On sea days for which we had poor weather, the OVC was simply packed, and many of us couldn’t find empty tables. Some of us asked seated passengers if the remaining chairs were taken before seating ourselves in any available space. It was lovely that Celebrity staff began actively helping people find seats on these occasions. I’d not seen this before, and I think it was quite helpful.