Warning for anyone affected by Ruby/Star 2018 switch!

A&Jfamily

Check your reservation! We booked with $1 deposits on Star. They switched us to Ruby. Just got an email that our "3 day hold" was about to expire and we now owe $200 deposits on both rooms. We are calling Princess now....

I booked two cruises on the $1 deposit, I just checked and I have been moved to the same cabin(s) and my deposit is still intact.

First you said you "deposited" with the $1 promotion, then they tell you your "hold" is up? The dollar promotion was weeks ago, how could the "hold" be valid, if you "booked" through the $1 deposit promotion weeks ago?

I booked two cruises on the $1 deposit, I just checked and I have been moved to the same cabin(s) and my deposit is still intact.

First you said you "deposited" with the $1 promotion, then they tell you your "hold" is up? The dollar promotion was weeks ago, how could the "hold" be valid, if you "booked" through the $1 deposit promotion weeks ago?

That was my issue exactly. We booked weeks ago with $1 deposit on Star. Then added Sip n Sail. Then they switched to Ruby - no email until well after I discovered my reservation was "cancelled." But then after a call and the email we learned of the switch and they put us in the same rooms. Yet somehow they did it as a 3 day hold - not an actual reservation. One giant cluster!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Had the same thing happen to me...a couple hours later it was fixed, without any action from me. I think you and I were just looking 'in the middle of the process'. I wouldn't worry unless they don't fix it by the second day. Then call.