Star princess March 4th 2018 15 days

Mjkny

Hi fellow Cruisers just wondering have airfare reservations on the day that we disembark for 11:30 AM just wondering if that'll be enough time to disembark off the ship and make it to the airport in time we are elite members so I believe we can get off the ship at anytime we like we

disembark in San Pedro and we are leaving out of LAX your replies will be appreciated

Princess recommends no earlier than 12:30 for domestic departures for a San Pedro port arrival.

Plus, Monday morning traffic on the 405 up to LAX....ugh. It is doable, but this far in advance you are better off taking a later flight if you can. If you cannot, you will need to do everything you can make your departure prompt: self-disembark, minimal luggage, take a taxi.

Edited by cherylandtk

If I understand correctly, after a little research, you have booked a flight from LAX at 11:30 am on Monday, March 19, and your ship arrives at 7:00 am. You think that the timing is okay.

I can only give my logic for not booking the same flight:

1. I would want two hrs or longer to check-in, get through security, and find our gate at LAX --this means arriving no later than 9:30 am or earlier

2. No-one knows what the traffic will be like from the port to LAX --again for me I need a time buffer

3. You cannot predict exactly when you will leave the ship and how long it will take to clear immigration etc and find a cab etc

If none of those things bother you and are willing to take the risk --go for it. Just not for me.

We just did the same thing this past April. We sailed out of San Pedro on the beautiful Ruby Princess. We arrived back at the port at 7am and by 7:45am we were a part of the first walk off group. As soon as we cleared customs and got outside, we grabbed a taxi and were at our flight gate at LAX by 9:50am. Our flight left LAX at 12:16pm. We just sat at our gate for 2 hours and relaxed. I used that time to respond to the Princess survey you always get the minute you disembark. So my advice to you would be to do the first walk off which also requires you to manage your own luggage which we prefer.

It is theoretically doable. But certain factors might not work in your favor at the actual time, like LA traffic situation. I would rather follow the cruise line's suggested flight tme to avoid stress on disembarkation day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is doable. I would be a stressed out basket case with that timeline. At least I was when I did it.

You will want to walk off your luggage. Get off the ship as early as possible. The traffic gods will need to be working in your favor. Let the taxi driver know you are trying to catch a flight. I did the same thing coming off a cruise on a Monday morning because it was the only flight that would get me from LAX to MIA in time to catch an international connecting flight for a business meeting the following morning. LAX was complete chaos. I was going to check in luggage, but ended up doing carry on because the lines were ridiculous to check in luggage AND to go through security. I have TSA pre check too. Made it in time to my gate to board. I think they checked my luggage at the gate too.

I would not choose that early of a flight if I could help it. If you have no choice, then hope the stars align. I've "heard" here on CC many people say they did it with less stress than me, but when we sailed out of FLL we booked a early evening return flight. because that early direct flight was too close for me.

Good luck.