Just off the Summit - ask away

adonisr

Questions - feel free to ask.

Loved Bermuda, in spite of not great weather.

Loved the Summit. Needs a face lift, but still a nice ship with a great crew.

Bayonne Customs Service - horrible. No other way to put it. They had 3 agents checking in over 2000 people. Typical US government operation.

Questions - feel free to ask.

1: How was the entertainment? Which shows were playing?

2: Was there any mention why, this year, the Summit has not headed up to the Statue of Liberty on its way out to sea?

3: Was the parking deck closed and were the Summit's passengers directed to park in the surface lot?

We will board the Summit on October to New England and Canada, Tips for boarding and disembarkation are welcome

Starts and ends on Sunday

Boarding wasn't bad. They could have used a couple more people operating security scanners, but the wait was still not that bad.

Disembarking - use a porter. That at least gets you up closer to the front of the Customs line. It was still 15 or 20 people long, but much better than the several hundred in the other line.

I think the only port we've sailed from that was worse on the return end of the cruise was New Orleans. It was so bad we've sworn we'll never cruise from there again. Bayonne was only slightly better. I can only imagine how bad it is when the Anthem is off loading even more people.

1: How was the entertainment? Which shows were playing?

2: Was there any mention why, this year, the Summit has not headed up to the Statue of Liberty on its way out to sea?

3: Was the parking deck closed and were the Summit's passengers directed to park in the surface lot?

1. Entertainment was pretty good. Main shows were "Life", "Chandelier", and "Soundtrack". There were 2 very good comedians and an acapella group (weakest of the shows).

2. No mention on this

3. We flew in, but did chat with a couple at dinner who said the deck was full when they arrived.

We’ve never been to Bermuda. What did you like about it?

Beautiful country.

Very friendly people. One highlight - the day we spent in St. Georges, we ate lunch in a tiny local restaurant. We were the only tourists in the place. We chatted with the locals and had a great time eating lunch.

Lots of history.

We will board the Summit on October to New England and Canada, Tips for boarding and disembarkation are welcome

Starts and ends on Sunday

Here's a link to the Cape Liberty 411 thread on the East Coast Departures board. Really great people on that board with all the info you need.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707

Do you know if they were offering discounts for the specialty restaurants and if so, how much? We'd like to try the Tuscan but feel $45 is a bit pricey.

TIA

We dined in Blu each night, so we really didn't look at the specialty dining. Sorry I can't help on this one.

How was the weather in Bermuda? I know weather is totally unpredictable but what was your experience? It keeps changing daily on weather app. Shows rain pretty much everyday. Does that mean scattered showers each day in your experience or more of a rain all day everyday? We will be on the summit on Sunday headed to Bermuda.

How was the weather in Bermuda? I know weather is totally unpredictable but what was your experience? It keeps changing daily on weather app. Shows rain pretty much everyday. Does that mean scattered showers each day in your experience or more of a rain all day everyday? We will be on the summit on Sunday headed to Bermuda.

Rained heavy until close to noon on Wednesday, but the rest of the day was decent. Scatter showers caused them to cancel Harbor Nights.

Thursday and Friday were really nice days.

I see in your signature that you've sailed on the Equinox which is a larger ship than the Summit. We have sailed on both the Eclipse and the Equinox. We had considered a Summit cruise based on an itinerary we liked but were concerned that the boat would feel much smaller. Can you comment on if you noticed that? Being smaller did you feel like there was more "rocking"? Overall between the 2 ships could you give your opinion on pros and cons? TIA :)

I see in your signature that you've sailed on the Equinox which is a larger ship than the Summit. We have sailed on both the Eclipse and the Equinox. We had considered a Summit cruise based on an itinerary we liked but were concerned that the boat would feel much smaller. Can you comment on if you noticed that? Being smaller did you feel like there was more "rocking"? Overall between the 2 ships could you give your opinion on pros and cons? TIA :)

We loved sailing on Equinox at New Years. She is a beautiful ship - large enough to have some really nice open spaces, but not ginormous along the lines of the new RCCL ships (not interested in doing that). The gathering spot outside the main theater was used really well for the "Celebrity Life" events.

The Summit is smaller than Equinox, but we really liked it. Never felt crowded. Didn't notice any more motion than on the Equinox.

The Summit is older so it lacks some of the "bells and whistles" of the newer Equinox, but she is still a very nice ship. My understanding is a major upgrade will be done in Feb when they put her into dry dock. We'd sail on the Summit again with no hesitation. In fact we want to do a Med cruise in 2020 and I'd go on either size ship.

Hope this helps.

Two questions.. first, how was dining in Aqua? We got bumped up to Aqua when the price dropped a few weeks ago and it has been a few years since we dining in Blu. Second, is there an Apple store onboard? Looking for a new iPad and we have a fair amount of OBC to use...so I am hoping to use it for the iPad and not have to wait until we are on the Reflection in October.

Two questions.. first, how was dining in Aqua? We got bumped up to Aqua when the price dropped a few weeks ago and it has been a few years since we dining in Blu. Second, is there an Apple store onboard? Looking for a new iPad and we have a fair amount of OBC to use...so I am hoping to use it for the iPad and not have to wait until we are on the Reflection in October.

We really enjoyed dining in Blu. Didn't have a bad meal all week. Filet was the first night and it was a great way to start the week.

There is an Apple store in the main shopping promenade.

We really enjoyed dining in Blu. Didn't have a bad meal all week. Filet was the first night and it was a great way to start the week.

There is an Apple store in the main shopping promenade.

I sail on Summit in Aqua Class in 3 weeks. How is the service at Blu? Good maitre d' and wait staff? Did you ever make any special requests, and if so, how did they go?

Boarding wasn't bad. They could have used a couple more people operating security scanners, but the wait was still not that bad.

Disembarking - use a porter. That at least gets you up closer to the front of the Customs line. It was still 15 or 20 people long, but much better than the several hundred in the other line.

I think the only port we've sailed from that was worse on the return end of the cruise was New Orleans. It was so bad we've sworn we'll never cruise from there again. Bayonne was only slightly better. I can only imagine how bad it is when the Anthem is off loading even more people.

Them Anthem was a snap when we disembarked last November. From what I have read in the past, you just were unlucky for some reason that day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Beautiful country.

Very friendly people. One highlight - the day we spent in St. Georges, we ate lunch in a tiny local restaurant. We were the only tourists in the place. We chatted with the locals and had a great time eating lunch.

Lots of history.

Do you remember the name of the restaurant? We love to eat at places like this!

What movies are they showing?

Rooftop Terrace Movies -

Earth, One Amazing Day

Justice League

Mama Mia

Thor-Ragnarok

Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool

The Hobbit - An Unexpected Journey

Invictus

Call Me By Your Name

Croc Dundee II

The Square