Do we need to take passport in Bermuda?

alaskar

First time to Bermuda. Want to know if we need to take our passport every time we step out of the ship into the island?

For example, do we need to show passport while buying bus passes/tokens/etc? Or may be, there are places, where we need to show our identification.

Can someone help me understand this?

Thanks

First time to Bermuda. Want to know if we need to take our passport every time we step out of the ship into the island?

For example, do we need to show passport while buying bus passes/tokens/etc? Or may be, there are places, where we need to show our identification.

Can someone help me understand this?

Thanks

You don’t need to. I have never used my passport for ID or taken it off the ship in Bermuda. US citizens don’t even need a passport for most round trip Bermuda cruises although I recommend having one in case you have an emergency and have to fly back. You will need some kind of government issued ID to show every time you return to the ship. I use my drivers license. Returning to the ship is the only place you likely will need to show identification in Bermuda but if you do need to show identification a drivers license will suffice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Has anyone experienced what/how/if they check IDs for minors? We all have passports and on the last day, I will take them all with us (just in case we miss the ship). But the first two days we will only bring our drivers license unless the kids also need a govt ID.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone experienced what/how/if they check IDs for minors? We all have passports and on the last day, I will take them all with us (just in case we miss the ship). But the first two days we will only bring our drivers license unless the kids also need a govt ID.

Children under 16 don’t need government issued ID or a photo ID. Only their ship card is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

A better plan on your last day is making sure you leave enough time to get to the ship with plenty to spare.

Although I have to say one of my favorite things about cruising is watching people running down the cruise dock trying to make it back before the ship leaves.