Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:27 AM.
NY City suburb
360 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Mark, As usual I am late to the party but wanted to let you know that Linda and I enjoyed your " live " review and pictures as always. Thank you!!!

George in NY
Virginia Beach, VA
1,183 Posts
Joined May 2010
Hi Radio........Can you or someone else help with the air conditioning issue I read on a review. It was mentioned that the ship doesn't have refrigerated air conditioning. The review said the ship has an evaporate cooling system that fills the areas and cabin with humid air?????? Can this possibly be the case? I sure hope not!!!

Thank you.

Orlando, FL
648 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Not sure which "system" they use, but have sailed on the Divina seven times and have never found the A/C to produce humid air. I was always comfortable both in cabin and the public areas.

Bret
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
By the way, I'm not Stewart Chiron "The Cruise Guy". He's complaining my name is too close to his even though I'm not using this for commercial purposes so it shouldn't matter.
Past Cruises:
CARNIVAL: Fantasy, Ecstasy, Carnival Sensation, Carnival Miracle, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Dream, Carnival Breeze
CELEBRITY: Galaxy, Century
HOLLAND AMERICA: Oosterdam, Zaandam, Westerdam, Veendam
MAJESTY: Royal Majesty
MSC CRUISES: MSC Orchestra, MSC Poesia, MSC Divina, MSC Seaside
NORWEGIAN: Seaward, Norwegian Jewel, Norwegian Pearl, Norwegian Getaway
PREMIER: Oceanic
PRINCESS: Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Emerald Princess, Crown Princess
ROYAL CARIBBEAN: Freedom, Navigator, Explorer, Grandeur, Sovereign, Nordic Empress
SEA ESCAPE: Scandinavian Sea
Upcoming Sailings:
MSC Divina Jan 10, 2019
23,610 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by GRANNYOFSIX
Hi Radio........Can you or someone else help with the air conditioning issue I read on a review. It was mentioned that the ship doesn't have refrigerated air conditioning. The review said the ship has an evaporate cooling system that fills the areas and cabin with humid air?????? Can this possibly be the case? I sure hope not!!!

Thank you.

There AC is just fine.
United States
16,214 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by GRANNYOFSIX

Thank you.

I'm no engineer, but AC worked fine for us. First cruise I've been on where I did not just click it down to max cold; even the middle setting kept us comfy. Was never humid anywhere in public areas.
Virginia Beach, VA
1,183 Posts
Joined May 2010
Thank you!!! Great to know!!! No humidity sounds awesome!!! Sounds like the cabins were cool enough too! Wonderful!

Originally posted by LMaxwell
I'm no engineer, but AC worked fine for us. First cruise I've been on where I did not just click it down to max cold; even the middle setting kept us comfy. Was never humid anywhere in public areas.
6,243 Posts
Joined Sep 2000
Originally posted by Georgeny
Mark, As usual I am late to the party but wanted to let you know that Linda and I enjoyed your " live " review and pictures as always. Thank you!!!

George in NY
Thanks for the nice comments George

Welcome aboard. . .

Radio
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming Soon !
Carnival Horizon / September 2018
Carnival Pride / October 2018

5 NEW Videos

*Harmony of the Seas 2018
*Oasis of the Seas 2017
*MSC Divina May 2016
*Quantum of the Seas –January 2015
*Quantum of the Seas 2 Night Pre Inaugural
*Carnival Pride 2015- Bahamas

Radio's Cruise Album
Ship Photos
Cabin Pics
Video's
Ports of Call
Photos from "LIVE" Cruises and More !
Woodhaven, Michigan
3,695 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
I just came across your "Live" thread and really enjoyed your wonderful review. I just may have to sail on MSC someday thanks so much.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
***Lorey***

2018 Celebrity Equinox; 2017 NCL Pearl; 2016 NCL Getaway; 2015 Pride of America; 2014 Radiance of the Seas; 2013 Allure of the seas; 2012 Adventure of the Seas; 2011 Adventure of the Seas; 2010 Oasis of the Seas; 2009 Crown Princess; 2008 Liberty of the Seas; 2007 Carnival Glory; 1994 Carnival Fantasy
midlands uk
133 Posts
Joined Apr 2015
hi, great review, its told me almost everything i need to know after booking today to set sail on this ship on 10th sept

i take it all the cocktails are included in the drinks package? (the drinks package, not the premium drinks package)

on your daily planner pics it say snacks till 130am but is there somewhere you can eat anytime of night?? (last year on Royal carribean i could leave the nightclub at anytime and wander down to the 'high street' deck and get a sandwich from the sandwich shop/bar or pizza slices from the pizza place)
Maine
1,871 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Cool another review, I just came across this, and am bumping it up, so I can find it to read this week. Thanks for the review, looking forward to the details.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL Starward - June 1988 Carribean
Amer/Hawaiian SS Independencse- M. 1991 Hawaii
Princess Regal- 1993 Carribean
Carnival Fascination - Feb 1995 S. Carribean
NCL Majesty- Sept 1998 Bermuda
Princess Dawn- 2001 Carribean
Carnival Fantasy- April 2004 Bahamas
Carnival Valor- March 2007 W. Carribean
Costa Med.- March 2008 Carribean
March 2009-vacationed in Florida