Miami Hotels on Hotwire

jazzy0318

Hey everyone.

Has anyone booked a hotel in Downtown Miami - Brickell - Port of Miami area using Name Your Price on Priceline or Hotwire?

I am a bit of a control freak so I panic on doing it. However, I would like to see what others have got in their winning bids before I commit to it. :confused:

There's a list of winning bids posted at the top of this board. I would do lots of homework on better bidding dot com before pulling the trigger on a hotel in Miami to be sure that you are getting what you want.

Thanks. I will give this a look.

There's a list of winning bids posted at the top of this board. I would do lots of homework on better bidding dot com before pulling the trigger on a hotel in Miami to be sure that you are getting what you want.

Hi. I know you said you are "a bit of a control freak" and I can tell you I AM a control freak and although this is something I alwasys vaguely think about doing, there is NO WAY I really dont think I ever really would and book on those sites. Being Type A, I research and tten research some more and no way could I chose a hotel blindly. That being said, good luck! I would love to be able to do this but cannot give up my control lol

Let us know how you make out.

Hi. I know you said you are "a bit of a control freak" and I can tell you I AM a control freak and although this is something I alwasys vaguely think about doing, there is NO WAY I really dont think I ever really would and book on those sites. Being Type A, I research and tten research some more and no way could I chose a hotel blindly. That being said, good luck! I would love to be able to do this but cannot give up my control lol

I am exactly the same, I research and research (I have a large binder for every trip) :o.

My mother keeps suggesting it as an "adventure" and my sister has done it (she has got some great deals) but I want to be control of when, where, why, how and who. If I actually go through with it, I will be sure to let you know! :)

You can research on Priceline looking at *** ratings. It gives you a pretty good idea of what you will get if you use the name your own price function.

I have had great success using them. Once even getting Intercontinental in Miami for a really, really good price.

You can research on Priceline looking at *** ratings. It gives you a pretty good idea of what you will get if you use the name your own price function.

I have had great success using them. Once even getting Intercontinental in Miami for a really, really good price.

Thanks for the tip. I have been looking at the hotel * ratings and narrowing down which has what. I just hope my prediction is right. **fingers crossed** I’m going to go for it and hope for the best.

I too am a total control freak and planner. With that being said, we took a last minute cruise from Vancouver in September and the hotel prices near Coal Harbour were crazy! I had to convince myself that one night wouldn't kill me. So I went on Hotwire, put in 4 stars and did it. I am happy to say that we got the Hyatt Vancouver and were very happy. It was so close to the port, we walked there with our rolling luggage.

I now plan on letting go and doing this when we depart Miami later this year. It is kind of adventure and if it fails me, then oh well....it's just one night.

I too am a total control freak and planner. With that being said, we took a last minute cruise from Vancouver in September and the hotel prices near Coal Harbour were crazy! I had to convince myself that one night wouldn't kill me. So I went on Hotwire, put in 4 stars and did it. I am happy to say that we got the Hyatt Vancouver and were very happy. It was so close to the port, we walked there with our rolling luggage.

I now plan on letting go and doing this when we depart Miami later this year. It is kind of adventure and if it fails me, then oh well....it's just one night.

It is great to hear that it worked out for you. One night would be okay but 3 nights it's more AHHHH what if I get the worst of the worst. Thanks for letting me now how it went though it does give me some hope!

Thanks for the tip. I have been looking at the hotel * ratings and narrowing down which has what. I just hope my prediction is right. **fingers crossed** I’m going to go for it and hope for the best.

Let us know how it worked. Your 4-4 1/2-5 stars are usually very good.

Just make sure the " location" is also correct.