Smoking Areas On Marina

rivieramayalover

He may be a black sheep to some! Smoking areas are very limited. Definitely not in your cabin or veranda!

There is an area in Horizons (yes, a bar area) which is enclosed, and another small area overlooking the pool area. Being a non-smoker myself I haven't paid much attention to just where that is. A couple of times I went through the pool area and was shocked to smell cigars, and then I realized that I was right underneath the smoking area.

So it was my bad then ...

As long as he obeys the rules, he'll be fine.

On our last Renaissance cruise I saw a man absolutely enraged that he couldn't smoke on board. (At that time the ban was total.) Apparently his TA hadn't informed him that this was a non-smoking ship and he was just fit to be tied. Even though I hate the smell of cigarette smoke, I did feel sorry for him. I bet he changed TAs as soon as he got home ...

Mura

No idea, but I imagine he ASSUMED that there wouldn't be a problem. This was in 1999 or 2000, when it was unusual for cruise ships to ban smoking. But if the TA didn't know him from prior business, he or she probably should have pointed out to the client that this was one of the features of Renaissance. I imagine basic information about the line was given (never assume or imagine, I guess) and if so, certainly this tidbit should have been included.

We'll never know, but he sure was ballistic.

Mura

He may be a black sheep to some! Smoking areas are very limited. Definitely not in your cabin or veranda!

There is an area in Horizons (yes, a bar area) which is enclosed, and another small area overlooking the pool area. Being a non-smoker myself I haven't paid much attention to just where that is. A couple of times I went through the pool area and was shocked to smell cigars, and then I realized that I was right underneath the smoking area.

So it was my bad then ...

As long as he obeys the rules, he'll be fine.

On our last Renaissance cruise I saw a man absolutely enraged that he couldn't smoke on board. (At that time the ban was total.) Apparently his TA hadn't informed him that this was a non-smoking ship and he was just fit to be tied. Even though I hate the smell of cigarette smoke, I did feel sorry for him. I bet he changed TAs as soon as he got home ...

Mura

Actually the cigar smoking area is on the same level as the pool deck. It’s in the front starboard corner opposite the Waves bar. It’s the only place on the ship pipes and cigars are allowed. There are better places for it, that would be much better for those that are bothered by it. Of course most complainers wouldn’t be happy until it’s completely banned

You will find that the area on the pool deck will have a few regulars and they are very nice, and it’s a good way to meet people. The enclosed area in Horizons is nice early in the morning with a light breakfast. He won’t feel like a black sheep, and there is also bar service as well :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

also in the forward lounge there is a glass enclosed room with bar service. besides the starboard (right) side of the pool deck. And no I do not smoke....but sitting in that area are perhaps the nicest and warmest people your going to meet on the cruse... no attitude, baggage or ax to grind...

:cool:Smoke anything you like but leave the hash and crack pipe home