Carnival Elation Fog Delay

missheidi821

Just received the following notification via text:

Carnival Elation 02/10/2018:

Due to dense fog, Port of Jacksonville is closed and Carnival Elation is delayed. Do not proceed to the cruise terminal until you receive our final update. Next update at 10:00 AM (EST).

Had a fun cruise, weather nice, food was good. The ship is looking nice with the upgrades, enjoyed water works once it warmed up. The cabins are much improved from before.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Had a fun cruise, weather nice, food was good. The ship is looking nice with the upgrades, enjoyed water works once it warmed up. The cabins are much improved from before.

Thanks for your input ... Good to hear ... we're looking forward to May !!

We left on her that night. It was closer to 8 PM when she sailed, but we still had a fantastic time!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were curious what was going to happen to you guys. Did they have MDR service available for you?

Joe Cruiser, since it seems you just sailed Elation, I have a question for you. What floor do you embark and disembark both in Jax and in ports? I have a phobia of elavators so I am wondering Can I get everywhere I need to go via stairs? Do you have to take an elavator during embarking and disembarking or Can I use the stairs?

I'm pretty sure that deck 3 is where we got on and off, in Jax and in both Nassau and Half Moon Cay. I haven't cruised much, so I understand that Jacksonville is different than most ports. That being said, you're free to use the stairs. Stairs are right next to every elevator. The Lido is deck 10, so that's a lot of climbing, but sure, you can. For what it's worth, deck 7 is where the glass elevators start. I don't know if that matters to you.

Looking forward to checking her out on Monday! I wonder how many people missed flights, etc. due to the fog

I love sailing on the Riviera deck, one deck up from where you enter (deck 3) for the Elation when it sails out of Jacksonville, and when we stayed on that deck, (with FTTF) we would walk on board, walk up one flight and go to our cabin. Now DH finds walking up stairs a bit hard, so and he always wants to stay on the Empress deck. If you have problems with elevators, I would recommend the empress, it's between everything. During tropical storm Sean, we left Jacksonville at 11 p.m., and dinner was in the MDR's, but everyone had anytime dining.

Ok thanks. I’m just having some trouble figuring out if they let you use the stairs for embarking and disembarking, as one or two cruisers reported they don’t want you using stairs for that....

Yes, you definitely can use the stairs embarking and debarking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ironically, I’m supposed to get on elation today and got the same text this morning. What do people normally do after they have to check out of their hotel but aren’t supposed to go to the port yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk