sailing next Sunday and no cabin yet

SeaBands

You might be in for a very pleasant surprise :)

I suspect you know to check your luggage tags as the assignments show there faster than on the Express Docs for some reason.

Your assignment should be there any time. I don't know if you can put faith in this or not, but it seems that sometimes those that get late assignments get nice upgrades. Or, maybe you will get a real nice offer for that PS ;)

Good luck :)

We did our first guarantee on HAL last year and received our cabin the day before we sailed.Since we were in Sydney,I had printed luggage tags with no cabin #'s an just filled them in.The ship was showing sold out for weeks before the cruise so I can't figure out why they waited till the last minute to assign cabins.

We did our first guarantee on HAL last year and received our cabin the day before we sailed.Since we were in Sydney,I had printed luggage tags with no cabin #'s an just filled them in.The ship was showing sold out for weeks before the cruise so I can't figure out why they waited till the last minute to assign cabins.

they probably wait to assign cabins until they make sure that no one else wants to take advantage of the "upsell" email. after all, why give someone a verandah or suite as an upgrade when they can make money on an upsell.;)

they probably wait to assign cabins until they make sure that no one else wants to take advantage of the "upsell" email. after all, why give someone a verandah or suite as an upgrade when they can make money on an upsell.;)

The ship was sold out!

The ship was sold out!

Which does not mean there wasn't room for upsells/upgrades. Even when every cabin is accounted for, there are still unassigned cabins that can be offered for upsell, which HAL would love to get more money for.

Which does not mean there wasn't room for upsells/upgrades. Even when every cabin is accounted for, there are still unassigned cabins that can be offered for upsell, which HAL would love to get more money for.

Absolutely.

Upgrades and assignments continue right down to the day before sailing.

we often book a guarantee and usually get assignment about 2-3 weeks out but not this time. We have had an offer to upgrade from Neptune to Pinnacle for $1500 pp.Maybe if the don't get any takers we might get it as a free upgrade.

Was that on Rotterdam?

We received an upsell offer last week for the 4 March sailing. $1649 PP. We declined.

The latest I ever got a cabin assignment was 2 days before sailing. I have to say the later I get an assignment, the better they are. I've been booking MM guarantees and ending up in outside cabins-a C once (that was the one I got 2 days before sailing) and on my South Pacific cruise-an FF.

Was that on Rotterdam?

We received an upsell offer last week for the 4 March sailing. $1649 PP. We declined.

We are on same cruise and got the same offer 2 weeks ago, then we got a second offer for $1250 pp last Thursday (Feb 15) I did not respond to either.

Ok, I take that back...if you are waiting for assignment that means you must be guarantee. Still don't understand why I was not offered upgrade/upsell. I'm working with a new TA and have specifically asked her to be on the lookout.

Ok, I take that back...if you are waiting for assignment that means you must be guarantee. Still don't understand why I was not offered upgrade/upsell. I'm working with a new TA and have specifically asked her to be on the lookout.

Yes, we were in a reserved room. SB.

we often book a guarantee and usually get assignment about 2-3 weeks out but not this time. We have had an offer to upgrade from Neptune to Pinnacle for $1500 pp.Maybe if the don't get any takers we might get it as a free upgrade.

Did you get a cabin assignment yet?

I believe we are all talking about March 4 on the Rotterdam. 12 days and counting. Still no assignment. Neptune Guarantee.

If you happen to like libraries, not only does the Rotterdam have one, the Neptune Lounge has it's own. enjoy :)

I believe we are all talking about March 4 on the Rotterdam. 12 days and counting. Still no assignment. Neptune Guarantee.

Hmm, last time that happened to my parents, they finally called and found out they were actually bumped from the cruise. It was Norwegian and they had made final payment. They had to fight to get their money back quickly. The line never let them know! Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums