Oasis star class February 11

ATG

I spent so much time reading about this I felt I had to reciprocate. My thanks to those who posted previously.

We had a 2 BR ATS on deck 10. Traveling were me, my DH and my 2 adult sons. DS1 lives in California, so we rarely see him. The cruise was to relax and spend time together. We have all cruised frequently, so ports were not important. About a year ago we saw the cabin was available at a reasonable cost and grabbed it. We usually stay in suites, but haven't been star class before.

CABIN

The MBR is spacious with attached bath. The bathroom had very little storage, 3 shelves. My DH said the shower was low, he had to duck to rinse his hair and he is just under 6 foot.

Second bedroom was fine as a place to sleep.

Living room was smaller than I expected, but fine for 4. There was a sofa, 2 chairs, a table with 4 chairs and a strange bench. There was lots of storage. They asked ahead of time what we wanted and kept the mini bar well stocked. There was an espresso machine.

Deck had 2 lounge chairs, a table with 6 chairs and 2 additional chairs. There were also 4 bar height chairs.

The only drawback was the noise. Movies and shows were LOUD.

FOOD

Coastal Kitchen

We ate many breakfasts, several lunches and 2 dinners here. Food was consistently good and service was friendly. The best meal I had all cruise was scallops with risotto at lunch.

Sabor

We had lunch here the first day and dinner the last night. It was good. Service was a little slow but friendly.

Park Cafe

Salads for lunch one day was good. Egg McMuffin like breakfast sandwich was OK. Egg was runny, I like McDonald's better.

150 Central Park

Food and service were very good. The flavored salts were interesting.

Chops

We were there the first night and it was jammed. Service was ssllloooowwwww. Food was OK, nothing special. Desserts were not what I remembered.

Solarium Bistro

Appetizers were very good. Grilled shrimp, vegetables and salads. Desserts were quite good. Main courses were hit or miss. Chicken kebabs were good. Red snapper and roasted chicken were very overdone and dry.

Giovanni's Table

This is always our favorite. We had pastas, soup, shrimp and osso bucco. All very good.

STAR EXPERIENCE

All in all, I probably won't do it again. We just didn't get that much from it.

We arrived at about noon. Check in was very easy, but we usually have a suite so not that much difference. Joyce, our genie, had another family arrive just before us. So we sat in the empty suite area and waited for her. 30 minutes later she came to get us. It was frustrating to watch people board while we waited. She took us straight to our cabin and went over what was included and our reservations. Our luggage was waiting for us. By the time we had lunch all cabins were open.

I had told Joyce we wanted to eat on the balcony the night of the aqua show. Weather the first 2 days was not good, high winds. The aqua shows were cancelled on the first day for day one and day two. I expected Joyce to contact me about dinner. If it was too windy for the show I didn't want to eat outside. No word, so I finally called. She offered CK at 8, we usually eat at 6:30. Nowhere else had openings, so we took it. We went to CK at 7:30 and they seated us immediately. They weren't crowded. This was the only time I felt the Star class didn't live up to it's reputation.

We are not drinkers, the 4 of us probably had less than 20 drinks total.

We only saw the aqua show, we've seen the others.

My favorite perk was laundry. I would never pay $3.95 to have a tee shirt washed. We sent out 4 bags of laundry!

Star class was nice, but for us it just wasn't worth the extra cost. I'm happy with Coastal Kitchen and maybe one GT. I'm glad we tried it.

I will be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks for posting about your experience. We are sailing in the same suite on Harmony this weekend. I am hopeful that we will have a great time, but your experience is tempering my expectations for what Star Class might deliver for us.

Can you report on ability to have beer and wine deliver to the cabin daily? Maybe you can’t given what you said but I’m gonna ask anyways. It seems like from different recent reports it is different on each ship.

Also, do you know about or experience any star class priority for activities for flowrider, zip line, etc. Just curious if/how they are doing that now?

For what it’s worth I do think a lot of the value for star class is for priority seating at shows as well as the drinking package for all adults (outside of dining which you obviously used a lot) which it seems you didn’t do much of on your trip. For example, it would be around $1500 for te deluxe package for four adults which obviously baked into the price.

Depending on the price and interests star class just isn’t worth it and I agree regular suites can be the way to go.

Thanks for reporting your info. I will be in this cabin in April.

Thanks for posting about your experience. We are sailing in the same suite on Harmony this weekend. I am hopeful that we will have a great time, but your experience is tempering my expectations for what Star Class might deliver for us.

Star class was really nice, just not worth it for us. Everywhere we went staff acknowledged our star class status. We stopped by guest services to get a hole punched for our lanyards. The person at the end of the line who directs you almost ran and vaulted over the counter to help us.

We didn't see any shows and only got off in Labadee, so nothing there.

Leaving the ship, we wanted to leave as early as possible for our drive home. Joyce met us at 6:15 in the Champagne Bar. We had our luggage. They started letting people off at about 6:35. Joyce walked with us to customs. I was the second person through. We were in our car out of the parking garage on the road at 6:50. The walk off people we "cut" in front of didn't look happy.