FLL Post Cruise help

captainmayi

Need some suggestions please...

There are 15 of us sailing on the freedom of the seas in January.

Our cruise has a scheduled arrival time of 5:30 am post cruise.

Our Flight out of FLL is not until 4:30 so what do you suggest we do to kill time? Some of us are looking at booking a ship excursion, while others are considering hanging out at the airport. My question is, how early can you check in your luggage for a flight? I do not wish to hang out at the airport for that many hours :)

Our last flight out of FL, we were told two hours. That was two years ago, and perhaps things have changed. Did you know that Royal Caribbean has luggage transport? For $20pp, you can have your suitcase sent to the airport. Yes, you will still be stuck with your "carry-on", but at least you can go do something for the day instead of sitting at the airport for 8 hours.

Edited by champagne123
bbbb

The Royal Caribbean luggage transport option sounds interesting. You could then take a cab to dowtown Fort Lauderdale and just explore the city center. It's very pretty and there's quite a lot to see. Taxis are inexpensive between the cruise port, downtown FL and the airport so it's easy getting around town.

http://Fort-Lauderdale.ca

There is also an option to pay to store your bags at FLL - then you are free to hit the beach or enjoy a boozy brunch somewhere fun.

John, for a future reference, do you mean the airport? So this would entail going to the airport, store your bags and then go elsewhere? If this is what your mean, wouldn't it be easier to let the cruise line ship your bags to the airport? :confused:

Need some suggestions please...

There are 15 of us sailing on the freedom of the seas in January.

Our cruise has a scheduled arrival time of 5:30 am post cruise.

Our Flight out of FLL is not until 4:30 so what do you suggest we do to kill time? Some of us are looking at booking a ship excursion, while others are considering hanging out at the airport. My question is, how early can you check in your luggage for a flight? I do not wish to hang out at the airport for that many hours :)

Car rental is your best option. With a car you have immediate luggage storage and the freedom to take advantage of another port on your cruise.

Budget has a location in the back of the parking lot next to the Renaissance Hotel on 17th Street. They have a free shuttle that rotates through the terminals constantly.

Avis has a location across the Causeway in the Hyatt Pier 66. I do believe they have a shuttle as well.

Budget...

Address: Causeway, 1515 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

Phone: (954) 761-7231

Avis...

Address: 2301 SE 17th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

Phone: (954) 713-1500