Bottles of Wine

charlielinda

I know we can bring two bottles of wine aboard. We have special packaging so the bottles won’t break. If we place them in our luggage will they bring to our cabin or will we have to claim our luggage? We are hoping not to have to carry onboard. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know we can bring two bottles of wine aboard. We have special packaging so the bottles won’t break. If we place them in our luggage will they bring to our cabin or will we have to claim our luggage? We are hoping not to have to carry onboard. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My understanding is that you should bring the with you when you board. If packed in your luggage they will probably flag you luggage and you will have to go down to the 'Naughty Room" to retrieve. Not sure if they will give them to you or hold until the end of the cruise if you pack in you suitcase (after all how would they know if you had already carried a couple bottles aboard also).

Could be either.... Some people have said they had to go claim luggage, others haven't. We've packed wine twice and both times our bags were delivered to our cabin. I'd like to know how recently someone has had to go claim their luggage in one of these cases. I'm wondering if security is getting better identifying the shape of a wine bottle and letting more through.

Could be either.... Some people have said they had to go claim luggage, others haven't. We've packed wine twice and both times our bags were delivered to our cabin. I'd like to know how recently someone has had to go claim their luggage in one of these cases. I'm wondering if security is getting better identifying the shape of a wine bottle and letting more through.

It is not the shape that is an issue as much as the contents....

Steve

It is not the shape that is an issue as much as the contents....

Steve

Exactly and the shape of a wine bottle is not the same as a liquor bottle so if the scanner image is good enough to clearly define the bottle shape and the operator can be certain it is not a liquor bottle they may be more likely to deliver the bag to the passengers cabin. Just my speculation.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Forums mobile app

Has anyone tried to bring more than 2 bottles per cabin in your carry-on luggage? It seems like the employees at the port don't really care about the wine bottles we bring in our carry on. I've always wondered if we carried two in each bag, instead of one in each bag, if they would even notice. Has anyone tried it?

Has anyone tried to bring more than 2 bottles per cabin in your carry-on luggage? It seems like the employees at the port don't really care about the wine bottles we bring in our carry on. I've always wondered if we carried two in each bag, instead of one in each bag, if they would even notice. Has anyone tried it?

Many times 2 in my carry on bag 2 in hubby's always made it on the ship without anyone saying anything.

Went to the naughty room one time for a jar of queen sized olives. Annoying. They seem to be more concerned over booze rather rhan any other item. Another time they took an small airline bottle, wrapped it in tape and gave it back at end of cruise.:rolleyes: