Hotel for a family of 6

KozmoinOhio

We are a family of 6 and looking for a hotel near the Port Everglades. I would like to avoid getting two hotel rooms if possible. Also, do any hotels have free parking while you are on your cruise if you stay the night before the cruise? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

The very common advice given here for this type of question is that you need a place with "Suite" in the title. Like Embassy Suites. That is the most likely location for rooms large enough for 6.

Another very common piece of advice on this board is to check sunny.org (a website for all the hotels in Ft Lauderdale) which shows all the amenities for hotels, including parking arrangements.

We are a family of 6 and looking for a hotel near the Port Everglades. I would like to avoid getting two hotel rooms if possible. Also, do any hotels have free parking while you are on your cruise if you stay the night before the cruise? Thanks in advance.

Hyatt House has one and two bedroom suites with two full bathrooms as well as a full kitchen, a parlor with pullout sofa sleeper, free WiFi and 3 TVs, all of which is ideal for your situation. They have a good buffet breakfast (and omelet maker), nice evening reception Monday-Thursday and complimentary airport shuttle. They are on the north side of Oakwood Plaza Mall where you'll find plenty of restaurants and a K-Mart that has a good selection of popular wines. They always sell out of their 2 BR Trio, so book early. It has a King in one BR and two Queens in the second BR.

I don't know about their parking policy, but you can call and ask them.

At the south end of Oakwood Plaza Mall is the La Quinta Airport which will let you park free for up to 14 days with a pre-cruise stay.

Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

90 SW 18th Ave, Dania Beach, FL 33004

(954) 922-0271

https://fortlauderdaleairportsouth.house.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Edited by Lido_Deck

Embassy suites is a good option ...they do offer a cruise parking package but the parking isn't free or will it be at any hotel in Fort Lauderdale.

Also getting (requesting) two connecting rooms might price out cheaper...so consider Hyatt Place using http://www.valuetrips.com

As I said above, La Quinta Inn Airport has up to 14 days parking with a stay at no charge. There are a couple others in Ft Lauderdale, but I'm not certain which ones they are.

Edited by Lido_Deck

As I said above, La Quinta Inn Airport has up to 14 days parking with a stay at no charge. There are a couple others in Ft Lauderdale, but I'm not certain which ones they are.

Had no idea...thanks for the info...I just assumed no "free" parking anywhere or have been told.

Had no idea...thanks for the info...I just assumed no "free" parking anywhere or have been told.

Everybody on this board recommends the same handful of hotels over and over again. Very few people ever ask about parking, though.

Edited by Lido_Deck

Also, do any hotels have free parking while you are on your cruise if you stay the night before the cruise? Thanks in advance.

For hotels offering parking deals check http://www.sunny.org, http://www.parksleepfly.com and http://www.stay123.com

In addition to ES check out Homewood Suites and Extended Stay - not sure if they offer parking deals? :confused:

We are staying at the Hyatt Place, Dania beach. They have 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa. We have stayed at the House House, Dania Beach before and they have very nice rooms as well. The Embassy on 17th has 2 beds and a sleeper sofa in the room. Go onto a hotel booking sight and plug in 6 in a room and see what options come up.

The Embassy Suites.

Two Double beds and a sleeper sofa. You can easily sleep 6.

Thanks everyone. You have given me plenty of ideas to look at this weekend.

Don't confuse the Hyatt Place Convention center with the Hyatt Place Dania Beach....The more popular location is the Hyatt Place Convention Center that sits just behind Embassy Suites and next to the Harbor Shops....this is by far the better location of the two Hyatt's and the one mostly recommended on CC.

http://www.valuetrips.com

I also recommend Gallery One (Doubletree).

We are also 6 and have a two bedroom suite booked for our Nov. cruise - for just a few dollars more than one room in most other FLL area hotels.

I priced out many other options and it would cost us well over $400-$500 or more for two rooms elsewhere. AT Gallery One, using Hilton's website, I was able to get a two bedroom (3 rooms overall), waterview, balcony suite for under $300. This includes a kitchen and dining area as well.

The mall is right across the street and the beach is walking distance - just over the bridge.