Your favourite (non alcoholic) drink onboard

CambsCruiser82

Hi everyone,

A week to go until we board QV and wouldn’t you just know it, I’ve developed (comparatively mild) labyrinthitis. My dr has given me some tablets and has assured me I’ll be fine to sail, but the tablets are strictly to be taken with no alcohol so the G&T and wine I’d normally be having are going to have to make way for something less squiffy for the evenings/dinner (hey I might even loose weight on the cruise heh).

I was hoping some of you could tell me favourite non alcoholic drinks when on board. Any particular mock tails you enjoy or can recommend? If you ask nicely will they serve an Arnold Palmer in the MDR?

I like the red apple fizz. I found it was not too sweet.

There should be no problems, other than a short delay, in getting mock tails in the mor. My son does not like wine so orders cocktails with dinner.

I really like the rum-less mojitos which are very refreshing and also excellent if you happen to be feeling a bit under the weather too. It isn't too gassy either, so goes well with food. I often have it at lunchtimes.

My partner loves a Tropicana but I can't drink anything rich and creamy - unless it's an Irish coffee! Depending on your taste, you might enjoy a Tropicana on the open decks in the sunshine but I don't think it would be something you would want to drink with lunch or dinner.

Enjoy your trip!

I'm another red apple fizz fan. My husband prefers the Tropicana, he is also a g and t drinker. I don't like it as it contains banana. My second choice would be the Atlantic mist. I have ordered them in the MDR successfully.

I hope you feel better soon, my husband had a nasty bout of labyrinthitis a year ago. Not very pleasant. Enjoy your cruise.

I don't drink alcohol (never acquired a taste for it), but I'm addicted to Diet Coke. I am using my QM2 crossing as a detox - I like Diet Coke, but I won't pay exorbitant prices for it, so I'll be sticking to water for the duration of my crossing.

I don't drink alcohol (never acquired a taste for it), but I'm addicted to Diet Coke. I am using my QM2 crossing as a detox - I like Diet Coke, but I won't pay exorbitant prices for it, so I'll be sticking to water for the duration of my crossing.

Unlike many other lines, Cunard allows you to bring beverages aboard. If you want to stop and pick up a couple of liters of Diet Coke, you could take it aboard for consumption in your cabin.

Of course, you would still order your drinks from the servers in the lounges.

Hi everyone,

A week to go until we board QV and wouldn’t you just know it, I’ve developed (comparatively mild) labyrinthitis. My dr has given me some tablets and has assured me I’ll be fine to sail, but the tablets are strictly to be taken with no alcohol so the G&T and wine I’d normally be having are going to have to make way for something less squiffy for the evenings/dinner (hey I might even loose weight on the cruise heh).

I was hoping some of you could tell me favourite non alcoholic drinks when on board. Any particular mock tails you enjoy or can recommend? If you ask nicely will they serve an Arnold Palmer in the MDR?

They do have non alcoholic wine. I have had this on long cruises at the dinner table when I didn't want wine every night. It is served in a wine glass and everyone thinks you are drinking wine. Quite palatable.

They do have non alcoholic wine. I have had this on long cruises at the dinner table when I didn't want wine every night. It is served in a wine glass and everyone thinks you are drinking wine. Quite palatable.

Sorry to be obtuse, but why is it necessary to appear to be drinking wine? I drink very little alcohol and very, very, very rarely with a meal. I don’t give a fig who notices that I am drinking water.

I'm sure Cunard can whip up an Arnold Palmer (half ice tea, half lemonade)

I think Ginger Beer is available, its ginger ale on steroids (nonalcoholic)

Of late I've acquired a taste for Kombucha. It makes me feel so good I'm often drinking it even when alcoholic drinks are available.

I'm sure Cunard can whip up an Arnold Palmer (half ice tea, half lemonade)
Both iced tea and lemonade are free in Kings Court and so I'd assume in Britannia. It's one way to make the lemonade palatable (it's a little too strong for my taste).

Cunard sells a non-alcoholic drink card that's probably cost effective if you're not drinking alcohol and therefore having three or four diet Cokes a day.

Both iced tea and lemonade are free in Kings Court and so I'd assume in Britannia. It's one way to make the lemonade palatable (it's a little too strong for my taste).

Cunard sells a non-alcoholic drink card that's probably cost effective if you're not drinking alcohol and therefore having three or four diet Cokes a day.

Unless things have changed, the non alcoholic drinks package does not include the mocktails. I am a non drinker and I found it was not worth it for me as I so enjoy the mocktails.

They also have Becks (Blue) Non Alcoholic beer.