Rhino Rider Boat (St.Maarten)

NY_23

Hey All,

Just a quick question, have any of you done the Rhino Rider boat excursion in St. Maarten? I was thinking about booking it for my upcoming cruise. The only thing that has me a little hesitant is that while my wife can swim she is not strong swimmer by any means. Also I just wanna kinda know from those of you who have done it or know more about it then myself if it is worth the price of admission.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did it with HAL a few years ago. It is fun, and we enjoyed it. (Worth is something only you can determine.) At the midpoint you tie up in a little bay, and you swim if you wish. Otherwise you can go ashore, but you need to swim a short distance...maybe 50 yards or less, to where you can touch bottom and walk ashore. Of course you need to swim back to the rhinos.

You will be wearing life vests, so you can float without much effort.

We did this a couple of years ago, and it was awesome. We booked on our own, rather than through the cruise ship (I think it was through one of the excursion aggregators, probably the one the big box membership club uses). There were 4 people/2 boats in our group vs about 20 people that came from the ship (we had a slight delay waiting for them to start).

The one we did went to a snorkel spot by a really awesome rock outcropping, with the standard inflatable vests one could wear. The snorkeling was really good. I think the ship excursion went to the beach. Not really sure, they did not end up where we were.

I'll say the ride back could have been about 10 minutes shorter and I would have be just fine. We did an extra loop where we went past the entrance to Simpson Bay, looked at another resort or two, and then looped back into the bay. I would have been just fine if we didn't pass it. But overall, I really enjoyed it!

• 2 weeks later...

We did the rhino riders with our 2 kids. Booked it privately & ended up with a group from our ship. It was a lot of fun. My husband and son snorkeled while my daughter & I swam to shore to look for shells. The swim was not too bad with life jackets on. It was worth the $ we spent. A neat way to enjoy the ocean and be able to snorkel & see the beach. I believe they also had bottled water/drinks for us at the stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just did this tour in May. Highly recommend! My younger daughter is not a strong swimmer and was fine. You have a choice of tours, either stopping at a beach or snorkeling. We snorkeled. They provide life vests and flippers and bottled water. We booked independently,

• 2 months later...