Hard of hearing

Bazfan

I am not totally deaf but I have problems with the clarity of speech so a captains announcement sounds like it could be in a foreign language!

I will be on my own in the cabin so could I arrange for a member of staff to come and get me in the case of a real emergency in the night. I have given up hoping for tv info with subtitles,Any tips please

Edited by Bazfan
In case of emergency

On some cruise lines there are cabins that are already equipped for those with hearing impairments.

You also might want to check with the Special Needs group at whichever cruiseline you'll be on.

They probably already have plans for this type of need, and that would help both you and the crew.

We have a good friend who relies upon lip reading, but he travels with his wife, which is *usually* sufficient... but only if they would be together at any time an emergency occurs, obviously.

GC

Wow, it does seem to be a more 'common problem' than I thought .

And I do get the impression, from lots of posts, that the ship's company see people with mobility issues more worthy of help (and so they should have assistance, Im not disputing that) than people wth hearing problems. I'll have to check things out with the special needs people and possibly guest services.