Birthday Cakes Onboard?

ceilidh1

Wondering if anyone can save me a call to Princess...

We are doing a 3 day coastal on April 24th as a surprise birthday gift for my daughter who turns 11 on the 25th. Is it possible to order a birthday cake to have at dinner on that day? I'm sure there used to be an option in personaliser but I can't seem to find it now. Anyone know?

We are doing a 3 day coastal on April 24th as a surprise birthday gift for my daughter who turns 11 on the 25th. Is it possible to order a birthday cake to have at dinner on that day? I'm sure there used to be an option in personaliser but I can't seem to find it now. Anyone know?

It's still in the Personalizer. Just click on "bed" or "dining"...that takes you to your "Preferences". At the bottom is "Special Occasions". Add birthday or anniversary and you'll get your cake.:*

Don't forget to click "add occasion".:)

Try looking in the section of your personalizer for Guest Check-In. There should be a place to give info about a special occasion and the date you want to recognize the occasion. When you get aboard you should have a card in your cabin about the occasion. Take it to dinner with you and give it to the head waiter when you arrive. At the end of the meal they will bring a small chocolate cake and sing "Happy Birthday." Your daughter will love it.

Try looking in the section of your personalizer for Guest Check-In. There should be a place to give info about a special occasion and the date you want to recognize the occasion. When you get aboard you should have a card in your cabin about the occasion. Take it to dinner with you and give it to the head waiter when you arrive. At the end of the meal they will bring a small chocolate cake and sing "Happy Birthday." Your daughter will love it.

We had a cake ordered for our last cruise, but didn't get a card. Told our waiter "no card, what do we do?". He brought us a cake that night.

That was nice.

The NEXT day, the card appeared in our cabin!! We took the card to the MDR and gave to the waiter. We told him, already got the cake...maybe you need the card for "bookkeeping". He brought us another cake!!:o

Perfect - thanks all! I did already add it to special occasions but seem to recall there being an area to purchase a cake (maybe I'm thinking of another cruise line). I didn't know that adding it as a special occasion would get you a cake so now I am happy! Problem solved!

Order her a birthday bouquet of flowers - should be in your room when you board..

we've got flowers the last 2 cruises - on the Crown and Regal - Tropical Mix and Lilys

and both were amazing - very satisfied:D

Perfect - thanks all! I did already add it to special occasions but seem to recall there being an area to purchase a cake (maybe I'm thinking of another cruise line). I didn't know that adding it as a special occasion would get you a cake so now I am happy! Problem solved!

It is another line.

Just saw it is a 3 day cruise...maybe not long enough to really enjoy the flowers at that price point, and you are not allowed to take them off the ship:(

there should be a birthday greeting from Princess on your door, but take additional ones to add to really dress it up - horns ribbons etc

Princess now has a "special occasion" pre order in your personalizer, contains birthday and anniversary celebrations for a "nominal" fee

Birthday Decorations$49.00

• 2 hanging garlands that read "time to celebrate"
  • Upgraded door sign
  • Nautical photo hanger
  • Decorative mirror cling
  • Balloons

Note: Includes decoration of the cabin by your stateroom steward. If embarkation day is selected, the room will be decorated during turn down service that evening. Timing is subject to crew availabil

Edited by myfuzzy

Unless things have changed, there is a stock of frozen cakes that are used for the "normal" birthdays. Can't recall if there baked on board or just delivered in bulk at embarkation

Princess now has a "special occasion" pre order in your personalizer, contains birthday and anniversary celebrations for a "nominal" fee

• Upgraded door sign
  • Nautical photo hanger
  • Balloons

Note: Includes decoration of the cabin by your stateroom steward. If embarkation day is selected, the room will be decorated during turn down service that evening. Timing is subject to crew availabil

For $20 I will hand make all of that for you and still manage to turn a profit. If Princess really wants to make money on decorations, they need to hire a millennial Instagrammer.

• Upgraded door sign
  • Nautical photo hanger
  • Balloons

I saw that - I think I can do better getting my own at the Dollar Store! ;p

For $20 I will hand make all of that for you and still manage to turn a profit. If Princess really wants to make money on decorations, they need to hire a millennial Instagrammer.

HAHA good one...but after all it IS a special occasion

I didn't want to mention it, but I am really NOT a fan of the cakes on board....I guess I'm just spoiled by my local bakery. Its OK to ceremoniously blow out candles, but to eat, I'd find something else. We normally celebrate our wedding anniversary on board, and we took the card to the dining room ....once....ever since, no way...

Edited by myfuzzy

AND don't forget, that's something else that the room steward is responsible for ...add more to his/her plate

It's still in the Personalizer. Just click on "bed" or "dining"...that takes you to your "Preferences". At the bottom is "Special Occasions". Add birthday or anniversary and you'll get your cake.:*

Don't forget to click "add occasion".:)

Depends on what size cake the OP is looking for.

The "Special Occasions" option gets you the free very small cake which you might be able to get four slices out of.

However, if you wish a traditional size birthday cake you may need to arrange for it on board. Just see your Maitre d' or headwaiter the first day of the cruise to arrange. There will be a charge.

I saw that - I think I can do better getting my own at the Dollar Store! ;p

Exactly! That's my plan for my daughter's b'day on embarkation day in May!

Is Chocolate cake the only option? I love chocolate but DD prefers white cake.

HAHA good one...but after all it IS a special occasion

I didn't want to mention it, but I am really NOT a fan of the cakes on board....I guess I'm just spoiled by my local bakery. Its OK to ceremoniously blow out candles, but to eat, I'd find something else. We normally celebrate our wedding anniversary on board, and we took the card to the dining room ....once....ever since, no way...

Of course we all love the cakes from our local bakery, but yeah, I think it is about ceremoniously blowing out the candles! You can eat cake every day, but getting to blow out candles on your cake only happens one day a year!!

Depends on what size cake the OP is looking for.

The "Special Occasions" option gets you the free very small cake which you might be able to get four slices out of.

However, if you wish a traditional size birthday cake you may need to arrange for it on board. Just see your Maitre d' or headwaiter the first day of the cruise to arrange. There will be a charge.

The small one sounds perfect! My daughter is turning 11 so it's more about the candles and singing than the cake! On a side note, on our holiday cruise she did the Junior Chef at Sea program where she got to decorate a cake of her own. Turns out that one person didn't make it so the cake and decorations next to hers were not being used - the hotel director (who was hanging out in the kitchen with the kids) told her to use it and make the biggest cake the ship had seen. Well, she did....and the cake made it to our table at dinner that evening. It was 6 layers, fresh cream between each layer, marshmallows, chocolate chips, sprinkles throughout, and fresh cream piping! I think we maybe made it through a slice each but she was beaming with pride when it was brought out as it definitely turned some heads!!! :D

Do they light candles on the birthday cake?

Open flames are feared on ships.

As often as I've hear them singing "Happy Birthday" (or "Happy Anniversary"), I've never turned to look. So, I don't know.

Exactly! That's my plan for my daughter's b'day on embarkation day in May!

Is Chocolate cake the only option? I love chocolate but DD prefers white cake.

No choices...chocolate only.

You could always go to Horizon Court and make your own birthday "cake" with a variety of whatever is available.;)

No choices...chocolate only.

You could always go to Horizon Court and make your own birthday "cake" with a variety of whatever is available.;)

Thanks, JF. Like I said, I've never noticed.

And now that I think of it, there were lit candles (two, I'm pretty sure) on the Chef's Table the one time we did it.