Crystal Harmony May 30th

DESTCRZ

Hi Jim . . . welcome . . . .we haven't been on Crystal for 15 years - so we are looking forward to the experience again also.

If I understand correctly, you are a first time Crystal cruiser . . . are you aware of the STEX Program (Share the Experience) A brief description is that I (as a previous Crystal passenger) can sponsor you (as a new Crystal passenger) and get us both some perks - I think you get a $200 shipboard credit ($100 per person) and I also get a $100 shipboard credit. Check out the Crystal board - Judith has done a GREAT job a detailing the program . . . if you are interested, please send me an email to destcrz@hotmail.com

Look forward to meeting you - we have friends from Walnut Creek (San Francisco East Bay area) that will be joining us also - they are actually on the Symphony right now!!!

Mike

Welcome, Jim!

We are the "good friends" from SF that DESTCRZ referred to. We are currently sailing on the Symphony in the Caribbean. I hope you love Crystal as much as we do.

By all means, contact DESTCRZ so you can both cash in on shipboard credits for the May 30 sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard Sman879!

Nice to see more family aboard for this cruise!

Our friend, DESTCRZ would love to sponsor you under Crystal's promotion described above. Bottom line, you'll get a $200 shipboard credit.

You can email him (Mike) at destcrz@hotmail.com You'll need to give him both your names and booking number. He has the forms at home and will fill them out and return to Crystal.

Where are you guys from?

Hi Steve,

You'll should hear back from Mike by Monday.

There are also two other guys that we know of from San Francisco that are on our sailing as well who haven't posted here. So we've got a nice little group going here!

What other cruise lines have you and your partner sailed before? And are you local Bay Area people? (Pardon my never ending questions!) DESTCRZ...keep quiet!

Hi

We have sailed Rennaissence, & Seawind neither is in buisneess any more. We are live in Maryland and are flying tout to San Francisco on the 29th of May and also have another day In S.F. after the cuise.

Well guys, I can certainly pout at not being on this particular cruise!

Having met up on a cruise previously with Destcrz & his Partner, and Beav and his Partner, I can definitely say that you are in for a real treat! You would have a hard time finding a nicer and more humourous bunch of guys to travel with anywhere.

Be prepared for as good a time in these guys company as you will experience in the beauty of Alaska and the ship! And above all --- take your CAMERAS !!!

Dave

Hey guy - I didn't get your email - or if I did I must have deleted it unintentionally . . . sorry about that . . .just so much spam these days.

Try me again . . . . put HARMONY STEX in the subject line and I'll be sure and catch it . . . .

I'll be more than happy to sponsor on the 5/30 sailing - we both get some shipboard credit out of it . . . .that's always good!!!!

Look forward to hearing from you

Mike

DESTCRZ@HOTMAIL.COM

No need to pout, Dave. There's still PLENTY of room on the ship! And this year will be your last opportunity to sail Crystal to Alaska as they're transfering Harmony to the parent company's Japanese division. So try and convince Paul of the URGENCY of the situation....LOL!

Also, Crystal has HIGH TEA every afternoon in the lovely Palm Court. I have a feeling Hyacinth might drop in a few times during the May 30 sailing. I hear she's quite troubled about the Harmony being transfered and wants to take Sheridan on a QUALITY cruise!

OK guys - the group is growing . . . .looks like we have at least 4 couples and a single . . . there is my partner Robert and I'm Mike . . . .our friends from The WC (Walnut Creek, California) Brian (BEAV) and Gary . . . .Steve (sman879) and John from Maryland . . and Jim from LA (JiminLA). I know there is another couple of guys from SF that are going that haven't posted to this board - BEAV will have to fill in their names . . . . .

Brian and Gary just got off the Symphony 2 weeks ago - and will be back on the Harmony in 41 days - I guess they get the title of being "MOST CRYSTALIZED" this year . . . . it's been 14 years since Robert and I have been on Crystal, so we are looking forward to it. First time I know for Steve and John - and Jim too - we all got our STEX on board credit coming!!!! Not sure about the guys from SF - first timer's BEAV?

Looks like Avenue Saloon is going to be busy this cruise!!!!

Mike

JohnM (John & Bob) are the others from SF coming along. And yes, they're Crystal virgins! We sponsored them under STEX.

Can't wait for that champagne sailaway under the Golden Gate !!!

Looks like Avenue Saloon is going to be busy this cruise!!!!

Mike

Not to worry, Mike.....I've already emailed the Harmony laison @ Crystal in LA to stock EXTRA Grey Goose Orange for your cosmos! And blood oranges on the side......

Hey JohnM - are you lurking on this board????? . . . BEAV tells me you and your partner will be joining us on the Harmony out of SF on May 30th.

Bob and I are flying to SF on Wed evening 5/25 . . .that gives us a few days to get our annual SF "fix" . . . . we will be flying home same day the ship gets back to SF - unfortunatley!!!!

Hope to hear from you!!!

Mike

I think now would be a great time to put faces to our screen names. Just another way of getting to know one another before we set sail.

Here's some endearing photos of our friends Mike & Bob (DESTCRZ) whom we met right here on Cruise Critic before all sailing together for the first time in 2002. Since that first cruise, we've sailed together on Summit, Maasdam and Radiance of the Seas. Crystal Harmony will be our 5th cruise together.

As you can see in the photos, Mike can't wait to sail Crystal Harmony, while Bob is a little more skeptical!

Mike.JPG.39d8aeff99adb9506067b5e9daf9a6ed.JPG

Bob.JPG.b5d397fd0f7de30f973a940d229f9119.JPG

OK, OK. JohnM and Bob here. We live in the Diamond Heights section of SF. We have previously sailed twice on Celebrity Mercury and once on HAL Prinsendam (14 days R/T SF to Alaska). We are Crystal 'newbies' but are looking forward to have to pleasure to meet BEAV & BEAU for dinner before our cruise. YES, we are very much looking forward to meeting all 'family' on the cruise. We are one of the about 4,000 couples who got married in SF last year (after waiting in line forever). If you guys who are coming to our great city early and would like some advise on 'whatever,' please let us know and we will do our best to help.

OK BEAV . . . all I will say is - be afraid . . . be VERY VERY afraid!!!!

Hey John - sorry to "out" you like that . . . I had a feeling you were lurking on us!!!! Are you SURE you want to have dinner with BEAV????? wait until I post a few of the pictures I have from a little soiree we had on the Radiance!!!!!

Bob and I make at least one trip a year to San Francisco . . . we'd live there if we could afford it!!!! . . . it's our favorite city in this country . . . .

I'll wait and let you form your own opinions about the boys from THE WC . . . then we'll talk in more detail!!!!

Mike

John & Bob,

Welcome aboard! And contratulations on being part of history last year on the steps of SF City Hall!

As to DESTCRZ, don't worry, he's harmless. You may want to be more concerned about meeting up with him aboard ship than dining with us in SF!!! Let's just say Mike's ears will probably be burning when we get together in SF next week! Gary and I are certainly looking forward to meeting you & Bob....

Archived