Transportation help

djtx2

Hello all,

I am looking for some creative way to pick up a car after we get off the ship in Miami and use it for the day, deliver it to Ft. Lauderdale airport.

Our flight to Chicago isn't until 7:30 p.m. so we need to do something besides sit in an airport 7 hours or more.

ANY suggestions????

Thanks.

There is definitely an Enterprise shuttle to the car rental area at the MIA. We just used it on 9/30. However, we rented the car for the day and were returning back to MIA. But if you call them, maybe you could rent one there and return it to FLL. FYI: the shuttle was free since we already had arrangements to rent a car that day.

<snip>

I am looking for some creative way to pick up a car after we get off the ship in Miami and use it for the day, deliver it to Ft. Lauderdale airport.

</snip>

The Miami Trolley stops at the Port. The Miami Trolley stop signs are easily identifiable by the round palm tree logo.

The Coral Way route operates on Coral Way, from Miracle Mile in Coral Gables to Downtown Miami and the Port of Miami.

Hours of Operation: Monday-Saturday: 6:30 AM - 8:00PM

Frequency: Approximately Every 20 Minutes

Fare: Free

For more information visit the web site at http://www.miamigov.com/trolley/

Hello all,

Our flight to Chicago isn't until 7:30 p.m. so we need to do something besides sit in an airport 7 hours or more.

ANY suggestions????

Thanks.

We did this several years ago in reverse. We had a late flight after disembarkation. We rented a car at the airport, went out to some Alligator farm, took an airboat ride, saw the park and go back in time for our flight. It was great way to kill the day before heading home.

If you belong to the big box store that starts with a C you can book a one way rental with no additional cost. Their rates are usually the lowest also. I use them all of the time for one way rentals.

Good to know. Is that with any rental company when you book through C or only certain companies? The one way drop off fee is usually crazy!

Good to know. Is that with any rental company when you book through C or only certain companies? The one way drop off fee is usually crazy!

They deal with 4 or so and they all allow that. They also allow 2 2nd driver for free on all their rentals.

I used Enterprise a couple years ago. Took a shuttle there, rented a SUV, drove to Orlando for a few days and dropped it Orlando Int'l. No big deal. We do the same, each way, Orlando/Port Canaveral.

I need to put a car in Orlando!

Really? The HOHO bus in Miami drops you off at FLL?

The HOHO bus doesn't actually drop you off at FLL. I booked this excursion for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise and this is the info provided by NCL:

Luggage storage: NCL said that our luggage would be taken from the ship in Miami to the Bayside Market and stored until we picked it up. Bayside Market is a stop on the Miami HOHO bus so when we are ready to go to the airport, we get off at that stop, pick up our luggage, then take the shuttle to the airport. Additional info regarding shuttle times is below from the NCL shore excursion info:

Need to Know:

Note: Buses are open air buses and not air-conditioned, tour is sensitive to weather conditions (rain, wind & sun). This tour is available for guests with flights from Ft. Lauderdale Airport after 3:30pm (domestic flights) and 4:30pm (international flights). Luggage storage included. Tour ends at Bayside Market where you will board the complimentary shuttle to the airport. Shuttles depart at 1pm, 3pm & 5pm.