5 days to go! Help me make sure I’m not forgetting anything.

MamaToMany

Okay, seasoned cruisers. The hubby and I will be leaving on Friday for our 10/13 Bliss sailing out of LA. We can’t wait! Here’s what we’ve done so far:

- Dinner reservations are made (need to change up times a bit once on board.)

- Jersey boys reservation is made.

- e-docs and bag tags printed, passports ready to go

- We’ve got a loose schedule of what/when we’d like to book onboard, like comedy, go-karts, and laser tag.

- Shore excursions are reserved. (Holy cow, cannot WAIT a for our Vallarta Eats tour in PV!)

- Clothing and shoes have been decided on and washed. Wrinkle spray is packed.

What else? What is something you’d never want to live without? What is your best cruise tip to share? What is something you’d want new cruisers to know in order to make the list cruise awesome? I’d love your input!

Credit card, debit card, medication, passport, nothing else really matters. Always can find a Wal-Mart near by

There is a Wal-mart right across the street from the port in PV. I think everyone on our Bliss Panama Canal cruise went over there! :D

Phone chargers!

Every kind of medicine you can think of (from sleeping pills to headache to sea sickness, although the Mexico cruises are typically pretty calm). On board the selection of stuff in the shop is pretty lame so pack every kind of med/drug you might need.

I like to take a small bluetooth speaker just in case we want some music and are in an area without any ships music

Passports, first aid kit, airline check in (if applicable), lots of singles for tipping porters etc., carry-on with extra clothes and stuff (in case something happens to your suitcase), glasses or spare contacts, birth control ;)

These are just some of the things on my checklist...so jealous that your countdown is almost zero. I have 44 more days. Hope you have a great time!

I just returned from the Bliss last month. She is a beautiful ship. My favorites in no particular order:

1) Jersey Boys (I wasn’t expecting much and was floored by the talent)

2) I found the service much better in Taste/Savor vs the Manhattan room and I liked the ambiance better as well.

3) the observation lounge is wonderful. The bar has the best view, and the small buffet is just a great place for late afternoon snack or an light lunch alternative.

4) the acts in the Cavern Club are awesome but the venue is tiny. If you want to see the Beatles band for instance (which was fun), go at least 20 minutes early for a decent seat.

5) the most under rated specialty restaurant is Q....no one was in there and the food was amazing!

6) the bartenders and servers in District brew house are so friendly and make the strongest drinks...the piano player was not bad either.

7) have a great cruise!

• Like 1

This will be my second cruise in 6 years and first with NCL, I'm pretty much packing everything except the bathroom sink. 🤣

Later I'll repack, but some of the stuff that will keep are sea sickness meds including Sea Bands and candied ginger, my pool shoes, a backpack for excursions, and a miniature Godzilla charm just for the fun of it. Oh, and my Halloween costume since I'm cruising during Halloween.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

As others have said, make sure you bring medicines like cold meds, pain reliever, Tums/Rolaids, Pepto Bismol, etc. These things are expensive on the ship and they don't have any tummy issue meds available for purchase. Also a small first aid kit with band aids and antiseptic wipes.

Watch the weather. Hurricane Sergio should have passed before you get there, but may cause some damage in port.

I think you are referring to my cruise, I apologize if not. Thank you for the heads up, I always appreciate your posts, you're very knowledgeable.

I'm expecting some rough weather but one cool thing is my brother has never seen thunderstorms at sea before and the weather shows them in every port. I've told him how spectacular that is to see.

I really hope there is no damage to the ports, not for me and my trip but for the people that live there.