Santiago to San Antonio by bus

rome2009

Seeing that the majority of ships will be using San Antonio instead of Valparasio for both embarkation and debarkation, does anyone know how to get from Santiago to San Antonio by bus? I understand that there is a bus from the main terminal in Santiago (Tur bus) that goes to San Antonio. Can anyone verify this? Also, I have read somewhere that the bus terminal in San Antonio is only 4 blocks from the Port Entrance. Can anyone verify this as well and give directions from the bus terminal to the Port Entrance. Thanks in advance.

I am hoping once the bus companies get wind of this change they will start adding special cruise ship transfer buses to and from Santiago and San Antonio. I think the first cruises utilizing san Antonio start in November so there is some time for the bus companies to come up with something.

• 3 months later...

Buses run at least every hour - Turbus or Pullman. But be sure you know which terminal they leave from (there are a couple of major bus terminals, but I think close together - not far from the center of the city). Also watch you luggage and get a claim check. And watch you carry on as well.

There is a shuttle service for about $215 one way up to 7 passenger and 7 bags. Can schedule this for pick up most places in Santiago.

Hi Rome

and anyone else thats interested, I would point you to look at this thread that is still visible on the first page of this forum.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2559833

To summarise, there is one bus company Pullman, service is every 15mins cost $6 US per person, other details you ask are in the thread.

Edited by JBare
misquote

Apologies Rome, just noticed the date, this was clearly a much earlier post of yours updated by Sapman who didn't see your more recent post with all the info in it.

Edited by JBare
apology

Our experience in Chile is that the bus service is excellent, frequent, and incredibly inexpensive. Especially when compared to the cruise line transfers! The buses are very comfortable-what you would expect in any European or US city.

I have no doubt that there will be bus service from San Antonio. We came in through Valparaiso last winter. We had the choice of about three bus lines, with departures about every 15 minutes. I think the cruise line transfer price was $75 or so.

We stayed in Valpo for a few days and then took the bus. Our fare was about $5. each.

I have no doubt that you will have the same experience in San Antonio. When we were driving south from Santiago we saw many buses going that direction on the main highway.

• 1 year later...