3 Dinner Specialty Package

blueboro

I cannot say with 100% certainty but can tell you there is a 99% chance it will be available, and for the same price, onboard. The 4 dinner package is usually not much more ... actually the best value. It is either $124 or $129 pp. This was both on the Equinox and Solstice.

If you buy it before boarding . . . are you sure you can use OBC? I've read that OBC can only be used when you are actually onboard.

I purchased the 3 dinner package with obc for an upcoming cruise with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I cannot say with 100% certainty but can tell you there is a 99% chance it will be available, and for the same price, onboard. The 4 dinner package is usually not much more ... actually the best value. It is either $124 or $129 pp. This was both on the Equinox and Solstice.

Not sure, but thought it was $125 - cheaper per dinner than all numbers of dinners less than 7.

Refresh my memory ion how we book before the cruise using our OBC? Is OBC listed on the reservations? We used a TA. Cruise is in 3 weeks. We should have approximately $400 OBC. Some from Celebrity and some from TA.

The Celebrity OBC is shown on the website when you go to the areas to make purchases for your cruise since they allow you to use it to make purchases prior to boarding. Of course the TA OBC is not shown.

Refresh my memory ion how we book before the cruise using our OBC? Is OBC listed on the reservations? We used a TA. Cruise is in 3 weeks. We should have approximately $400 OBC. Some from Celebrity and some from TA.

You can spend any of your OBC through the Cruise Planner. Your OBC will be displayed and updated as you pre purchase anything available. You will also receive a confirmation email detailing your puchases.

Now I'm confused. I have read so many posts that warn against booking a dining package pre-cruise and assuring everybody that once onboard you will be approached many times, including on embarkation day, to purchase a package and that the price will be heavily discounted. But now, judging from what I read on this thread, that is not the case. I would love to hear from people who have recently been on the Solstice in particular as we are sailing on her in a little over a month.

We will be on her the cruise before yours. I believe that you can do both pre-boarding or wait until onboard.;) You might have a better chance of getting your prefered times if you book ahead. However, we have always waited until we board and have success. Be sure to take advantage of the offer as soon as you can after boarding. :cool:

Thanks to all for refreshing my memory. I used the system last May to pre-book excursions, but had forgotten how I did it. :o Since I was not seeing my OBC showing on my immediate reservation, I was lost. I had forgotten that you must start a reservation for the OBC to show up.

:o Since I was not seeing my OBC showing on my immediate reservation, I was lost. I had forgotten that you must start a reservation for the OBC to show up.

I just tried to book a Dining package using my Celebrity OBC and got all the way to the request for my credit card without my OBC showing up anywhere.

I contacted Celebrity and they said it was quite common for the OBC to disappear if any changes are made to the booking ( such as making full payment? ) and to contact my TA. Seems to me it is their problem not hers.

We are just off the Silhouette and I can tell you there were NO offers for discounts in the specialty restaurants. We had booked the 3-night package prior to the trip. I think the food in the main dining room is very good, that said the specialty restaurants were truly outrageous! We ate in Murano (best service), Tuscan and Lawn Grille.

The lobster in Murano was delicious! The spinach salad was the best and that says a lot since it's a salad!

The grilled meats in Tuscan and Lawn Grille just fantastic!

Eating in the specialty restaurants isn't just about the food but also about the experience and we would definitely do it again!

Not sure I'd do more than 3 just because it's just sooooo much food and we were ready to burst!

Enjoy.

Now I'm confused. I have read so many posts that warn against booking a dining package pre-cruise and assuring everybody that once onboard you will be approached many times, including on embarkation day, to purchase a package and that the price will be heavily discounted. But now, judging from what I read on this thread, that is not the case. I would love to hear from people who have recently been on the Solstice in particular as we are sailing on her in a little over a month.

Discounts may be available at individual restaurants if you are paying per visit, but there is no guarantee. On our last cruise discounts were a firm no. All specialties were booked solid every night. I've never encountered anything suggesting there are discounts on dining packages.

We always book specially dining packages prior to our cruise. We like to check it off our to do list prior to our vacation starting.

When onboard I always keep my eyes and ears peeled for deals just to see what's available. Sometimes we see dining packages available for purchase but most times not. We might see a table set up with specialty dining staff wanting to make reservations but the deals only happen if business is needed in the restaurants.

Just my personal opinion but I would rather secure what I know is a deal prior to sailing and not have to be disappointed that I couldn't get a deal once onboard.

Happy sailing!

We are just off the Silhouette and I can tell you there were NO offers for discounts in the specialty restaurants. We had booked the 3-night package prior to the trip. I think the food in the main dining room is very good, that said the specialty restaurants were truly outrageous! We ate in Murano (best service), Tuscan and Lawn Grille.

The lobster in Murano was delicious! The spinach salad was the best and that says a lot since it's a salad!

The grilled meats in Tuscan and Lawn Grille just fantastic!

Eating in the specialty restaurants isn't just about the food but also about the experience and we would definitely do it again!

Not sure I'd do more than 3 just because it's just sooooo much food and we were ready to burst!

Enjoy.

But since the fourth dinner only costs $16 per person ($125-$109) I'll risk the chances of bursting (y)

Discounts may be available at individual restaurants if you are paying per visit, but there is no guarantee. On our last cruise discounts were a firm no. All specialties were booked solid every night. I've never encountered anything suggesting there are discounts on dining packages.

Hi. Off the top of my head I can't refer back to the various threads where they have been mentioned, but I know I have read a few posts regarding discounts on packages being offered. I think I'll wait and see if there are discounts available at any time once we are on board. I do find the prices for specialty dining pretty steep compared to HAL, for instance, and I'm not all that fussed about paying extra to have lobster as I have a brother who catches quite a lot of lobster and usually drops off a couple to us when he visits. The Murano looks stunning, and so even if it is just a case of eating there one night, I'm sure it will be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
When you buy the dinner package can you then book online as well and choose which Resturants you want to go to and not where they want you to go as I would be French twice and Italian once is that aloud?

Yes, it's allowed. It didn't used to be. The old packages you used to be told how many times you could eat in each restaurant but with the new packages you can pick the restaurants you want to dine in when you board (not beforehand). They will assign the first restaurant for either the 1st or 2nd night but you can change that upon boarding.

In recent cruises, I have noticed a considerable change in Celebrity's willingness to offer much in the way of discounts on specialty restaurants. Recently on Eclipse, we were able to get some discounts, but nowhere near the 2/1 deals we got on the exact same cruise last year. We were told management will not allow discounts that high (I know, this could vary by ship). Generally, discounts are much fewer on 7 day or less cruises.

Related question - a couple years ago Sushi on Five was a required restaurant when purchasing a package. On my recent Eclipse cruise it was no longer listed as a specialty restaurant. Is it still required? Don't like it, which is one reason we stopped buying packages.

Related question - a couple years ago Sushi on Five was a required restaurant when purchasing a package. On my recent Eclipse cruise it was no longer listed as a specialty restaurant. Is it still required? Don't like it, which is one reason we stopped buying packages.

Nope, you can pick which restaurants you now want to eat in. They don't dictate that anymore.