Upgraded AGIAN!!!!!!!!!

poppiecat

Hi,

You can find the menu by going to Costa site, scrolling down to 'Discover more' then into menu.

The wonderful Italian chef Antonio Carluccio once said, ' With the minimum of fuss but maximum of flavour you should be able to see what you are eating by looking at it & understanding what has been cooked for you.'

I am afraid that Bruno Barbieri regards of how many stars he has, has totally lost the meaning of great Italian food, & his menus lack understanding and even in some cases taste. Presentation is not the mark of a great chef, who is trying to be an artist.

I think the lovely nice creamy cheese may have been Dolcelatté which used to be served every night in late 90's early 20's on Costa when the cheese board was exactly that.

Hi,

You can find the menu by going to Costa site, scrolling down to 'Discover more' then into menu.

The wonderful Italian chef Antonio Carluccio once said, ' With the minimum of fuss but maximum of flavour you should be able to see what you are eating by looking at it & understanding what has been cooked for you.'

I am afraid that Bruno Barbieri regards of how many stars he has, has totally lost the meaning of great Italian food, & his menus lack understanding and even in some cases taste. Presentation is not the mark of a great chef, who is trying to be an artist.

I think the lovely nice creamy cheese may have been Dolcelatté which used to be served every night in late 90's early 20's on Costa when the cheese board was exactly that.

Toally agree about Barbier.

I have not like any of his meals.:mad:

I eat through my mouth and not my eyes.

I disagree with you two. I eat with my eyes as well. I don't necessarily like fussy presentations and certainly there is none of that mini pea shoot leaves stuff on Costa. But I like my food to look and taste good. Friend Bruno is not a Michelin star chef in my book and I have eaten at some of those restaurants. I did like the lamb chops and pudding off his menu though.

I know you can see the menus but they are a bit generic I think. Maybe someone will be interested in the ones for the week we sailed.

Alicat

I had Lobster twice on the Magica in September, both times it stood eight inches high on the plate surrounded by something that looked like potatoes but certainly tasted of cardboard, as did the Lobster, so overcooked that we both sent it back.

The Maître d' then replaced it with a salad that looked more at home at the Chelsea Flower Show than on a plate.

Four out of six plates of food were returned on one table next to us, but nothing explained to the guests, just an offer of choosing another dish.

This does not mean most of the dishes were bad some were excellent, but we really would never have known what we were eating by looking at the plate. The translation into English may have been partly to blame, as there is more Italian that was not explained.

Like everything else it is a matter of personal choice, but had gone downhill quite a bit, I will be interested to see how the Diadema does next week as it was appalling last time we were on her in Feb 16