Internet cost

zacsc

You will get bonus minutes if you purchase the first day. But if you purchase online before your board, you will get double the amount of bonus minutes. The only time it does not make sense is if you get free minutes for your loyalty level. EM

Be aware that ship internet is glacially slow (before global warming ;)).

Depending on the itinerary, you could be wasting a bunch of $$.

If you can wait until you're in port for your internet update, you'll be $$ ahead. Almost all ports have free, low cost or "buy a beer and connect to our WiFi".

If you can wait until you're in port for your internet update, you'll be $$ ahead. Almost all ports have free, low cost or "buy a beer and connect to our WiFi".

I second this comment.

The internet is terribly slow. I have wasted SO many minutes trying to check email or do something for work. Wifi has been terrible, even if I go into the internet cafe. The best times to access are late at night when everyone is asleep.

I have used all my free loyalty minutes trying to do about 20 minutes of work and then had to use what was left of DH's loyalty minutes to check us into our flights!

Be prepared to not be able to get much done with whatever you decide to do regarding internet time. Good luck! I look forward to the day that we hear how fabulous Princess wifi is.

or "ask a ship's crew for location".

I second this comment.

The internet is terribly slow. I have wasted SO many minutes trying to check email or do something for work. Wifi has been terrible, even if I go into the internet cafe. The best times to access are late at night when everyone is asleep.

I have used all my free loyalty minutes trying to do about 20 minutes of work and then had to use what was left of DH's loyalty minutes to check us into our flights!

Be prepared to not be able to get much done with whatever you decide to do regarding internet time. Good luck! I look forward to the day that we hear how fabulous Princess wifi is.

Been a while since our last Princess cruise but currently considering a Regal Princess sailing. Is slow internet an issue fleet-wide? On Royal and X was impressed with their fast internet. Cost of unlimited package also seemed reasonable at $199 for 14 days after 30% loyalty discount.

Been a while since our last Princess cruise but currently considering a Regal Princess sailing. Is slow internet an issue fleet-wide? On Royal and X was impressed with their fast internet. Cost of unlimited package also seemed reasonable at $199 for 14 days after 30% loyalty discount.

I've noticed this issues on The following Princess ships in the last 16 months: Royal, Grand (two different sailings), Ruby, and Crown.

I've not been on Royal Caribbean is many years and never on X. My friend did a Carnival cruise last year and got the social media package and was constantly posting cruise updates. So her experience was positive on that line.

My experience with Princess has been 2 am works well for internet use but Who wants to do that?!?! However from 7 am to 4 pm when I tried to look things up for next port of call, open email, reply to email, etc we were slow as molasses. I was extremely frustrated and disappointed in the quality of Wifi. Plus I used to have to turn in an electronic timecard even on vacation and THAT was impossible from my laptop! I had to search for the URL and sign in from an Internet cafe computer.

In the past I had found proximity to the Internet cafe helped (piazza or in the Internet cafe area) but my last 3 cruises even that was unsuccessful. I would say Princess Internet is a joke.

I promise to report if I ever have a positive wifi experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCL and Celebrity only sell unlimited packages. On CCL the cost is reasonable (it was $90 for 11 days for the package I had which was the "value" package that allowed web surfing, but not streaming). On Celebrity the cost is about $23/day.

Princess does not have an unlimited package and only sells packages of minutes.

I find it slow compared to our wifi at home. But it is just enough for me to check my emails.

On Crown last week, there was an offer, but it was ONLY available on your first login of 100 minutes for $20 or 200minutes for $40 this is on top of any loyalty minutes you may have for being platinum/or elite. you could not buy more minutes at this rate once you had used them up, only REALLY expensive packages or PAYG at $0.79 minute.

Edited to say that in the last couple of days there is an end of cruise offer for 15min for $8.99 - if that helps

RCI are way ahead of Princess in terms of internet service

If you plan to use the Internet on board, then it is best to purchase a package before the cruise. You will receive some extra minutes.

We're just off the Caribbean Princess (British Isles). I purchased the 200 minute package before the cruise just as I did last year on Regal Princess. There are 40 bonus minutes added to this package (Note: You must claim the bonus minutes at the Internet cafe.) Internet service on board can be slow. It is best later at night or early in the morning when fewer passengers are using it. I sat directly under routers a few times.

• 10 months later...
On Crown last week, there was an offer, but it was ONLY available on your first login of 100 minutes for $20 or 200minutes for $40 this is on top of any loyalty minutes you may have for being platinum/or elite. you could not buy more minutes at this rate once you had used them up, only REALLY expensive packages or PAYG at $0.79 minute.

Edited to say that in the last couple of days there is an end of cruise offer for 15min for $8.99 - if that helps

RCI are way ahead of Princess in terms of internet service

Anyone been on the Crown recently that can report if the same offer was available? I only get 150 minutes for Platinum level and I know I need more. If I can add 200 minutes for $40 I will be all set! The price is higher if I buy before I leave for the Med.

Anyone been on the Crown recently that can report if the same offer was available? I only get 150 minutes for Platinum level and I know I need more. If I can add 200 minutes for $40 I will be all set! The price is higher if I buy before I leave for the Med.

You can wait until you are on board to see if the offer still exists. If not, then you could purchase the extra minutes separately. Not that if you pre-purchase the extra minutes you will be also be paying the signup fee that you do not have to pay when you use your Platinum minutes

Someone recently posted screenshots showing that the offers to platinum members at first sign-in of $25 for 100 additional minutes or $40 for 200 additional minutes are still available.