Cell/GPS

judyf

Will my Verizon cell phone and my Tom Tom GPS work while in Aruba?

More than likely no on the cell phone. They may charge you exorbitant fees if you use it as well. Best thing to do is just use the wifi to communicate. You can use several different apps like Facebook messenger to call on the wifi.

Dianne

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your TomTom will only work if you purchase and upload an Aruba map. Your cell phone will work, you should purchase an international plan or buy a SIM card from Digicell or Setar, they sell them at the airport. You should purchase a Borch map of Aruba, you can get it at Amazon

Verizon charges $10.00/day for calls, texts and data in most of the Caribbean and $5.00 in Mexico.

This is called Verizon TravelPass. You need to enroll your phone before you go. Then all you do is turn on your phone (turn off airplane mode) and you are connected and will be charged $10. Use your home plan's voice, data, and texting.

If you have more than one phone on a family plan you need to turn it on for each phone, and each phone would be charged $10.

The $10 fee is good for 24 hours, so if you turn it on at noon in Aruba you can continue to use it until noon the next day on another island for that same $10 charge.

Aruba and all of the Caribbean islands are on the list of locations where TravelPass works.