Triumph Dry Dock Shortened

tidecat

hopefully this means the ship will not get "sunshined" and this drydock is just for maintaince and some decor update. i hated the theater layout on the vista and sunshine. the sunshine was not really built to handle the extra people when they added those extra cabins on that ship

The Triumph was actually larger than the Destiny when they were each first built, so there isn’t really a need to add significant passenger capacity. I’m sure we’ll see some new cabins, but my hunch is that it may be more about revenue producing spaces. I could see the Smokehouse/Brewhouse or other specialty dining getting added.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have experience with what would happen if rooms get added or changed after a drydock. I have an interior walkway booked for after the drydock on Deck 9. If these rooms get changed to ocean views would I still be offered one of those rooms?

Any idea of how far in advance they'll announce what they're doing? I booked the Triumph for next July assuming it would get 'Sunshined', and if it isn't then I need to start looking for a plan b.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Any idea of how far in advance they'll announce what they're doing? I booked the Triumph for next July assuming it would get 'Sunshined', and if it isn't then I need to start looking for a plan b.

You booked a ship based on upgrades that haven't been officially announced yet?

Based on what they accomplished on both the Elation and Paradise in only a month I would imagine they still have significant improvements planned for Triumph. A month and a half is still 3 times the length of a normal dry dock.

Yes it is.

no, I booked a ship based on geography, but thanks for your help.

My apologies. I became confused when you said, "I booked the Triumph for next July assuming it would get 'Sunshined', and if it isn't then I need to start looking for a plan b."

I didn't see anything geographical in there -- and I majored in Geography in college.

My apologies. I became confused when you said, "I booked the Triumph for next July assuming it would get 'Sunshined', and if it isn't then I need to start looking for a plan b."

I didn't see anything geographical in there -- and I majored in Geography in college.

They most likely want to cruise out of New York.

I seriously doubt they will be adding rooms to the Triumph.

The only times they have added rooms were balcony rooms to a Fantasy class ship and the complete overhauling the Destiny (making the Sunshine).

Elation and Paradise had a deck of Cabins added, the Grand Deck.

I seriously doubt they will be adding rooms to the Triumph.

The only times they have added rooms were balcony rooms to a Fantasy class ship and the complete overhauling the Destiny (making the Sunshine).

I'm betting they will change those deck 9 4J interiors to oceanview cabins - just like they did with the Victory. And as someone else already said, they have added rooms to other ships. 6 weeks out for dry dock is a long time. I'll be excited for whatever they do. Two cruises booked on the Triumph next year.