Dublin Hotel, AirBnB or B&B recommendation?

We are staying in Dublin for 3 nights prior to our cruise, and having difficulty finding accomodations that are centrally located and less than $300 USD per night!

We don't need anything beyond a location that doesn't require a lot of walking or stairs to get to restaurants, pubs and public transport that is clean.

We're open to hotels, B&B with ensuite bathroom or AirBnB. Suggestions for specific neighborhoods are also welcome.

We stayed several nights at the North Star Hotel last July and we can recommend it. The hotel is situated jut opposite the Connolly Train Station which was very convenient for us, but you might not consider it as "central" depending on your plans. We were very pleased with the hotel room which was clean and not noisy. A plus for us was that we found the in-house restaurant (on the ground floor of the hotel) to be very good. It was a short taxi ride to the port.

Big concerts (Ed Sheeran) as it seems and more or less sold out! I guess that the city is short on accomodation when such events take place. We were in Dublin last July when two big U2 concerts took place and the hotel asked us several times before our actual arrival whether we really needed the room for those dates! I guess that you will have to grab what you get. Good luck

Big concerts (Ed Sheeran) as it seems and more or less sold out! I guess that the city is short on accomodation when such events take place. We were in Dublin last July when two big U2 concerts took place and the hotel asked us several times before our actual arrival whether we really needed the room for those dates! I guess that you will have to grab what you get. Good luck

Yep, that's what I did. Had to up our budget (YIKES) and spent three hours looking at various booking sites. Ended up with five reservations that are all pay later, no cost cancellations until mid april. I'll decide which one long before that.

I've looked at AirBnb too, and there are some possibilities, but we're more likely to go with a hotel.

Both booked except for suites or shared bathroom accommodations. WTH is going on in Dublin may 17-20?

jkgourmet Check out Gordon Street Dublin City Apartments. They had some availability and rate 8.2 customer rating on booking .com

jkgourmet Check out Gordon Street Dublin City Apartments. They had some availability and rate 8.2 customer rating on booking .com

$1047 for three nights. :( I've barely heard of Ed Sheerin, but right now I feel like he sucks.

$1047 for three nights. :( I've barely heard of Ed Sheerin, but right now I feel like he sucks.

WOW! Ouch!! That is way too much!! So sorry, I hope that you find a nice Airbnb somewhere that has a fairly decent price.

We've decided to pay the $150 pp charge to change our airline tickets so that we will not be spending 3 days in Dubin prior to the cruise. Instead, we will stay after the cruise. Even with the penalty, we'll still come out financially a bit ahead, have a MUCH better choice of hotel, and avoid the huge number of rowdy concert goers all over the city.

Well, it didn't work out the way I had hoped. Aer Lingus was actually charging $150 per flight to change - so a total of $600 for both of us. Then, they came back with some kind of BS about that the airfare was more expensive - which is nuts because I was looking online at their website and the fare was identical, or if I changed flight times, even less than what I had paid. They wanted a total of $1200+ to change our tickets. I won't repeat what I told them. I think they suck.

So we're doing our three days in Dublin, pre cruise. Found a room at a convenient, but not very nice, Travelodge near Stephan's Green. 619 Euro's ($744), which sucks, but we have no real alternatives beyond staying out of the suburbs.

Try hotels just outside Drogheda City North hotel about 30 mins from the airport has a bus bus service to dublin stops about 1 mile from Cruise port and its easy to get a taxi from there . matthews.ie.

Hope this helps