Nachi or Mr Sanchos

LatinaInTexas

After researching these two seem to be the most popular. I am looking for a relaxing day at the beach with shade, snorkeling, jet skis, a few cocktails and some good food.

The small print at Mr Sanchos says $12 umbrella rental and it looks like the loungers are quite close together but they have unlimited food. Nachi seems less crowded with great shade options but only a 3 or 4 course lunch. My husband is a big eater so I assume if hes still hungry he can pay for more food?

And last do I tip after each drink is brought and when lunch is brought or do I tip before I leave? I am assuming 1 person will be taking care of us all day? Also what is an appropriate ballpark amount to tip? Thank you.

DW and I love going to Nachi. Never been to Mr Sanchos. They limit the number of guests to 100 so it is pretty quiet and exclusive. Very deep white sand beach. Plenty of shade and very good food. Don't be fooled by the 3-4 limit on food. OMG, they will serve you a ton of food all included in the price. I've yet to walk away hungry. Drinks are pretty decent too. I normally tip $2 every other time we are served. All 3 times, our servers have been great. We've never snorkeled there because of the sandy beaches and we've never rented jet skis. They have another vendor there who will offer you this, I don't recall the prices but I think they are pretty much in line with what others are charging in the area.

I love Nachi because of the lower number of people there. You get chairs, a table and a palapa for your group. The servings are large, my big eater DH never left hungry.

Tip at the end, you'll have the same server all day (we love Carlos!)

A great way to spend the day.

In general, Mr. Sanchos for families, large groups, active fun and crowds.....Nachi Cocum for more authentic Mexican food, relaxation, quieter atmosphere. I don't recall seeing jet skis at Nachi.

Many don't realize they are on the same stretch of beach and you can walk from one to the other.

If you want more "relaxing" time go to nachi. The Palapas are nice. It's not crowded, or loud.

As far as food goes, we were able to order seconds. They have a full menu of appetizers entrees and desserts. We ordered guacamole, and their amazing ceviche for appetizers. When our entrees came, we asked to order more of the guacamole and another order of ceviche. And our waiter smiled and said sure. Plus, with all of the free drink just flowing your way under that Palapa, it didn't take long to get full! I suggest getting on TripAdvisor and reading all of the reviews. There are tons and tons of pictures of the food as well. Mr. Sancho's will just be a zoo of people. At nachi, all of the loungers and Palapas have a front row seat to the ocean.

Sent from my Moto Z Droid.

I've been to both. Both are very nice. Mr Sanchos will get more crowded as the day goes on but you are given your own waiter and table or chairs. Drinks and food are equal. I do have to say I think the service is better at Nachi Cocum just because its less crowded they are more attentive. Facilities are nice at both.

We've never been to Sanchos, because we love Nachi Cocum so much. Everything that has been said thus far in the thread is accurate about it, I'd say. While you do order off a menu, they will bring seconds if you want. But honestly, I've never had to do that - and I am a big eater. In fact, in 7 or 8 trips there, I don't think I've ever had room to order dessert. The guacamole and ceviche are outstanding and the fresh salsa is awesome too, but pretty spicy.

And they do offer jet ski rentals there, as well as banana boat rides (which my daughters LOVE), parasailing, snorkel trips, etc.

We have only been to Nachi, and I agree with all the comments. I do think they increased the max visitors from 100 to 130, but it we have never had more than 50 people in our four visits.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have only been to Nachi, and I agree with all the comments. I do think they increased the max visitors from 100 to 130, but it we have never had more than 50 people in our four visits.

That reminds me of something I should have said about our last trip to Nachi. Our cruise was affected by Hurricane Nate. We skipped a port and went straight to Cozumel a day early. Nachi Cocum honored our reservation, but obviously already had a bunch of people scheduled for that day. It was the most crowded I'd ever seen it, by far. But it was still super nice.

We didn't get a palapa, but they put us in a nice spot shaded by trees. The service and food was just as good as ever. And even though there was probably well over 100 people there, it never felt crowded or hectic.

I also vote Nachi, but I haven't been to Mr. Sanchos. We've been to Nachi once and thoroughly enjoyed it, I really want to go back!! We aren't loud party people, so Mr. Sanchos didn't really appeal to me (except to people watch lol).

After researching these two seem to be the most popular. I am looking for a relaxing day at the beach with shade, snorkeling, jet skis, a few cocktails and some good food.

The small print at Mr Sanchos says $12 umbrella rental and it looks like the loungers are quite close together but they have unlimited food. Nachi seems less crowded with great shade options but only a 3 or 4 course lunch. My husband is a big eater so I assume if hes still hungry he can pay for more food?

And last do I tip after each drink is brought and when lunch is brought or do I tip before I leave? I am assuming 1 person will be taking care of us all day? Also what is an appropriate ballpark amount to tip? Thank you.

If you like good food Mr Sanchos hands down is 1000% better.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

We were at Nachi this past October. one of the things that I remember was that there were a lot of big buses waiting to take people back to the ships. with 100 people allowed per day, it is intimate and never feels crowded. One thing that I want to point out and it may be this way at all of the beaches. The sand at Nachi is very deep. If you are fluffy, it can be a little hard to navigate through it. You do tend to sink down. It is a quiet beach. No inflatables, No loud groups of kids. The pool is small but nice. Swim up bar. Great dining room. We love it. The service is 2nd to none.

Wow, I'm really thankful to find this thread; I've been trying to get some comparisons about the two places for awhile now. I've thrown my hat with Nachi Cocom because me and my hubby are much more a quiet, relaxed couple than a jump up and be busy couple while on vacation!! We're constantly jumping up and being busy at home, so the last thing I want to do is more of the same in Cozumel. Thanks everyone! I'll have to come back after our cruise and give some feedback about Nachi. It may be helpful.

I just returned from an amazing relaxing day at Nachi Cochim. Beautiful beach, delucious food (we ordered all we cared to eat from the menu), excellent dedicated servers, super clean and attractive facilities and most of all only 70 other guests. (The limit is 130) I walked down the beach past Mr Sancho’s where there were hundreds of guests crowded four lounge chairs deep in the beach. So glad we chose Nachi, where we were pampered like exclusive guests and given our own paplayas and lounge chairs and dined in the beautiful thatched pavilion. The pool was also crystal clear. Unlike you want to be surrounded by hundreds of other rollicking loud cruise passengers, Nachi is the best choice for a serene beach day on Cozumel. A couple staying at a nearby resort marveled at how nice and exclusive it felt. Simple, beautiful and worth every penny of the $55!

I just returned from an amazing relaxing day at Nachi Cochim. Beautiful beach, delucious food (we ordered all we cared to eat from the menu), excellent dedicated servers, super clean and attractive facilities and most of all only 70 other guests. (The limit is 130) I walked down the beach past Mr Sancho’s where there were hundreds of guests crowded four lounge chairs deep in the beach. So glad we chose Nachi, where we were pampered like exclusive guests and given our own paplayas and lounge chairs and dined in the beautiful thatched pavilion. The pool was also crystal clear. Unlike you want to be surrounded by hundreds of other rollicking loud cruise passengers, Nachi is the best choice for a serene beach day on Cozumel. A couple staying at a nearby resort marveled at how nice and exclusive it felt. Simple, beautiful and worth every penny of the $55!

Thank you for this feedback. We like fun but don't like packed and would willingly sacrifice a bit of excitement for the tranquility you have described. Even though we are travelling with 2 15 y/o's and a 14 month old, I think Nachi might be better for us.

Thank you for this feedback. We like fun but don't like packed and would willingly sacrifice a bit of excitement for the tranquility you have described. Even though we are travelling with 2 15 y/o's and a 14 month old, I think Nachi might be better for us.

Send the two teens out on the snorkel excursion (about 90+ minutes) while your 14 month old naps and you sip on one more margarita! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...