...and now...some hotel questions

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:55 AM.
Brisbane Australia
59 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Last weekend we stayed at Rendevous Stafford in the Rocks. This was our second time there and again we couldn't fault it. Try and book room 412 as you get a Opera House view and Harbour Bridge view but all from a standard studio suite. The rooms are not flash but modern, clean, comfortable and we thought of a reasonable size for the 3 of us.

Very easy walking distance to all the touristy things.

It was raining when we arrived on our cruise so we took a taxi to the hotel instead of walking which we had planned originally. The taxi was $9.

The rate I booked online and it also included a breakfast in a room beside the pool. It was a lovely breakfast and left the cruise ship food for dead.

The front desk staff are all lovely and very helpful. One thing I would say is if it's raining when you are there they have umbrellas they will loan you for your stay.

Enjoy your trip.
Melbourne, Australia
381 Posts
Joined Jan 2010
Originally posted by lais
. Everything was sooooo expensive.
I'm not surprised with the strength of the Aust. dollar at the moment. It's the first time it has been above parity with the US dollar. A couple of years ago it would have been much better value for money than it is now. Sydney is also probably the most expensive place in Australia. Australia is probably on a par with many European countries now as far as how expensive it is for tourists. Like many places in the world if you stay away from touristy areas it will be much cheaper.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed : RCI Brilliance of the Seas Mediterranean Sept. 2010

Sailing: Oasis of the Seas 22nd September 2012
London
22,671 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by graceinmelbourne
I'm not surprised with the strength of the Aust. dollar at the moment.
Indeed, the AUD is truly at the moment. £1 only buys about $1.50. I can remember when I could go to Australia and literally get about twice that many AUD for £1. It's funny to be feeling the pinch when Down Under.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-
Australian spelling lesson: There is no 'U' in .-

“Cruise” review – ss Rotterdam (V), June 2013.

Dual-purpose HOHO buses available in London: functioning simultaneously as tourist traps and roadblocks.

Fascinating Aida tell us of the perils of Cheap Flights.

Netiquette: Have you watched this: Posting and you ...? And do you know How to Behave on an Internet Forum?
Thinking of starting a new thread? Have you searched for your answer already? Can you post to an existing thread?
Countdown clocks: How to set one up? Click here.
UPDATED: Princess Cruises ship designators - the current list here.
_