What do you want to know about cruising?

Yes I aggree re Gold Coast over Brisbane, however a lot of work and money would be needed given the openness of the area. Brisbane's terminal is a long drag through the Morton Bay channels and then up the river. Like White bay in Sydney parking etc is an issue.

Newcastle's ex tug WARF is just inside the heads and on the southern shore. It overlooks a very large park area. With good planning and a bit of imagination there would be a low impact on the overall space.

Most likely not possible with V8 Supercars now using the area for the next few years. Not much (no) room for a terminal either.

Most likely not possible with V8 Supercars now using the area for the next few years. Not much (no) room for a terminal either.

hi Lyndarra, super cars are for maybe one month per year, cruise season peak is about 5 months and off peak the rest of the year. there will be room for both with the right planning. Let's not get caught up in one event wonders being the savior of Newcastle. We also have the super boats on lake Macquarie, but that is also only a one week wonder.

• 2 months later...
I would like to know how to arrange private tours at some of the locations, especially in NZ.

If you do a search on each port in the Australia & NZ ports of call forum you should spot recommendations for local tour companies, including links to their webpages. There are probably some posts in this forum with recommendations too.

I use Trip advisor and sort through what I want to do and then check the reviews of all the companies that offer that shorex. I also 'google' the various companies and check out the ship's excursions, more for content than to actually book, although we do occasionally book these.

If the private tour I really like requires more people to share the costs (like another 2-6 people), I will ask on the roll call if anyone wants to join us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
:Dhi out there! anyone cruised around Australia in in march/ April? Is this time of year weather wise O. K.? . Honky Tonk ya

Welcome to cruise critic. The weather can be changeable but as this is our autumn it should be relatively nice, (not too hot or too cold) but this all depends on where in Australia you are going.

Australia is a big place and climate ranges to Tropical in the north to Alpine in the south.

http://www.abcb.gov.au/Resources/Tools-Calculators/Climate-Zone-Map-Australia-Wide

• 4 weeks later...

I have a really silly question.

I was out and I heard a song, it took me straight back to the cruise - it had been on the front of ship channel where they show the map of your location and where you’ve been.

So my question is: is there a ‘soundtrack’ for each cruise? Each cruise line?

I have a really silly question.

I was out and I heard a song, it took me straight back to the cruise - it had been on the front of ship channel where they show the map of your location and where you’ve been.

So my question is: is there a ‘soundtrack’ for each cruise? Each cruise line?

Not sure, I imagine that they would issue a soundtrack for each ship to play, likely the same one though.

• 3 months later...
Is there any single Cruise fare that is almost the same as a twin sharing fare?
I know that for Costa cruises, singles pay a 30% single supplement. Is there any better offer?

What about Norwegian? I heard that they have single studio cabins.

Well single cabins are available on some cruise lines, I am not sure if they are priced accordingly (half of a couples price).
Thanks, MicCanberra. You seem to be the only one responding to all the questions.

I want to Know how to get an upgrade. :p

"UPGRADE" ?? Yes. Try This,worked for me( genuine ) afer first night .see customer service desk next morning , and complain ,you couldn't GET TO SLEEP ALL NIGHT ,DUETO OTHER PASSENGER snoring ALL NIGHT IN SAME ROOM. result .UPGRADED TWIN ROOM HIGHER DECK. wonderful after that !!:D:D

• 4 weeks later...
"UPGRADE" ?? Yes. Try This,worked for me( genuine ) afer first night .see customer service desk next morning , and complain ,you couldn't GET TO SLEEP ALL NIGHT ,DUETO OTHER PASSENGER snoring ALL NIGHT IN SAME ROOM. result .UPGRADED TWIN ROOM HIGHER DECK. wonderful after that !!:D:D

Earplugs would have been just as good.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...