Nassau - what to do: walking distance, best beach, local tours etc?

kculater

Thanks!! Didn't realize different packages were offered.... that's a great price. Looking for one that includes food also when we go!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know there was food and drink package with chair want to say around $40-50 per person. They will offer much higher prices...barter with them tell them you heard about a deal

• 2 weeks later...

Is the Atlantis aqua adventure or whatever it is called, worth it? I am going in February so slightly worried about the weather. Have been there and it was high 50s, coldest it had ever been. And also traveling with an almost 3 year old and a 6 year old. Any experience, advice, suggestions are helpful...tia

Is the Atlantis aqua adventure or whatever it is called, worth it? I am going in February so slightly worried about the weather. Have been there and it was high 50s, coldest it had ever been. And also traveling with an almost 3 year old and a 6 year old. Any experience, advice, suggestions are helpful...tia

I’d say no, I think Atlantis shines with the big slides (we left 4 and 6 year olds on the ship and took our 9 and 11 year olds), that week will be packed due to presidents week (and expensive) and it could be cold.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!! I'm going to be going solo on a carnival cruise this April to the Bahamas. I'm planning on walking from the port to British colonial or Junkanoo beach while in Nassua and then hitting the Starbucks. I've been numeraous time before and did lots of excursions such as swimming with dolphins, snorkeling and day passes at resorts. This time I want to lay low close to ship.

I would love anyone's opinion on me going solo and being SAFE !!!!!

Thank you !!!!

We have done the day pass at the Hilton. It was a very small beach but quiet and not crowded. Hotel pool was pretty.

I would like to know if anyone has done the Breezes day pass? I understand it is all inclusive.

Hi!! I've been to Breezes for a week / All inclusive many years ago..... from what I can remember it was great !!! Beautiful beach.... that's really all I wanted!!!!! Lol enjoy !!!!!

We were in Nassau a while back and we will be there again this February. Last time we walked to the zoo

.http://ardastra.com/, and we had a great time. It is about a mile or so walk or you could take the #10 bus (I believe that is it). It is not a large zoo, but many smaller animals are wandering about, you can feed the parrots and then there are the wonderful flamingos and their 'march'. Kids will surely love this and it isn't that expensive.

I would suggest the bus there and back as that is also not expensive.

Cheers

Len

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the data, guys. I'll be in Nassau in April. I printed the map, but with a 70-year-old MIL who has a hard time with mobility, I don't know if all that walking is good for us as a group. I'd like to do some site-seeing, though so it gives me an idea of what to do closer to Junkanoo. She really just wants to be in the water so all of this is going into consideration. We'll also have two teenagers with us, lots to think about.

Hi everyone!! I'm going to be going solo on a carnival cruise this April to the Bahamas. I'm planning on walking from the port to British colonial or Junkanoo beach while in Nassua and then hitting the Starbucks. I've been numeraous time before and did lots of excursions such as swimming with dolphins, snorkeling and day passes at resorts. This time I want to lay low close to ship.

I would love anyone's opinion on me going solo and being SAFE !!!!!

Thank you !!!!

We walked to the British Colonial Hilton and I would have no qualms about walking it alone (I'm female). Just pay attention to your surroundings and you will be fine.

We enjoyed the Hilton and would go back again. We liked that we didn't have to deal with a taxi and thought the property was nice.

• 1 month later...

We visited two beaches while in Nassau. Our most important decision making factor was to stay close to port. From the ship, we took a taxi to Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island. It was very nice, but the solicitation got to be a bit much. When we got back to the port area, we had a couple hours so sat at the tiki bar on Junkanoo Beach for a couple drinks. I really enjoyed Junkanoo.

Best-Beaches-Near-Nassau-Cruise-Port.jpg

If I had to decide again, I'd consider some of the resort options.

Here's a really good map I found showing the best beaches near Nassau cruise port.

Hope that helps!