Activities with 6 year old, Irma recovery

sarahsentry

Hi,

I'm sailing in 16 days on Allure to St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Nassau. I've done these ports but not with a kid. Are there any activities that you'd recommend for that age? Also I'm pretty surprised to even see St. Maarten on the itinerary, has anyone been lately and hows it doing with recovery?

Thanks

Our kids like going out on day sails with Random Wind, but our family loves swimming and boating (and we don't own a boat). Our youngest did this excursion at age 1, 2, and 6. He will go again this year at age 7. The island is stil recovering, but it sounds like the people really appreciate the cruise ship business.

The island is coming along, with the Dutch side of the island moving along the road to recovery much faster than the French side. You will still see damage no matter where you go, but the beaches (on the Dutch side) are back in business. If I had a 6-year old in tow, I would not hesitate to visit Mullet Bay to enjoy the beach and the walk over to Maho to see some of the planes. The water at Mullet is calm and the sand is wonderful. Maho is a short walk away and it is quite an experience to have a plane land that close to your head.