Coffee Care Expiration Date

floridalover5623

Well, they have finally confirmed that the cards with expiration dates are definitely no good for anything past the dated now printed on the back. I questioned them about trading them in for cards without any date & they're no longer available. I had the option of trading them back for a bottle of wine or the setup. If the ones now issues are not used by 12-31-18 they won't be accepted for any of their coffees. :mad:

The only option is selling them on eBay when we get home...of course the unlimited brewed coffee won't be included or any of the tea or hot chocolate without a punch.

I guess now the question becomes how far in the future the cards will be good. It is February and they are handing out cards with a 12/31/18 date. 10+ months is not too bad. But, what will the date be if you do an August cruise? There's a huge difference between a card that is good for almost a year compared to one that might have only 3-4 months of use on it.

The really sad thing is that I suspect it will not depend on a specific policy but on when they run out of the cards they have on hand.

I will not buy another card. When the one I have expires/is used up thats it. The same with the Premium Beverage Package. Will not purchase another one. Will it hurt Princess? Definitely not. Will I feel better? Definitely will.

Well, they have finally confirmed that the cards with expiration dates are definitely no good for anything past the dated now printed on the back. I questioned them about trading them in for cards without any date & they're no longer available. I had the option of trading them back for a bottle of wine or the setup. If the ones now issues are not used by 12-31-18 they won't be accepted for any of their coffees. :mad:

The only option is selling them on eBay when we get home...of course the unlimited brewed coffee won't be included or any of the tea or hot chocolate without a punch.

Who is “they”?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess now the question becomes how far in the future the cards will be good. It is February and they are handing out cards with a 12/31/18 date. 10+ months is not too bad.

It is bad if you only cruise once a year and thus the card is essentially useless after the cruise you bought it on.

It is bad if you only cruise once a year and thus the card is essentially useless after the cruise you bought it on.

We used to purchase annual passes to a certain theme park. We would intentionally schedule our visits so that we had one just before the pass expired. In this way we maximized the use of the pass and made the best use of our finances.

This last January, we were able to finish the 5 punches we had remaining in our

coffee card which was purchased in 2012. We used it also in 2015.

We purchased a new one in January and it served us well. DH was able to

get unlimited soy hot chocolates and premium herbal teas and I enjoyed

my espressos and Americanos by a fabulous Barista on the Coral.

Next time, we will only be able to get our drinks by using the remaining punches

but I think it was money well spent.

I guess now the question becomes how far in the future the cards will be good. It is February and they are handing out cards with a 12/31/18 date. 10+ months is not too bad. But' date=' what will the date be if you do an August cruise? There's a huge difference between a card that is good for almost a year compared to one that might have only 3-4 months of use on it.

The really sad thing is that I suspect it will not depend on a specific policy but on when they run out of the cards they have on hand.[/quote']

I once worked for a (horrid) company that had that sort of vacation policy. Vacation must be used during the calendar year in which it was earned. If hired in January then each year you had 12 months in which to take your vacation. If hired in December you had the remainder of the month - after your anniversary date - to take your vacation. Mind boggling policy that caused quite a bit of discontent. Imagine the same sort of thing or the coffee card. I can't imagine paying for a coffee card on a Christmas cruise that was only good for the rest of that calendar year.

And one can imagine passengers asking what the expiration date on the card is before deciding whether or not to purchase one. Depending on the length of the cruise, future cruise plans, and the expiration date on the card, some might decide that individual purchases are a better value than a card.

Who is “they”?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By "they" I'm saying the Food & Beverage director on the Royal at this time.

Oh, here's another great cutback since we last cruised in Dec.

Last night at the Captains repeater party there is no more ordering of any drinks other than what is offered. (with the exception of a glass of beer. Even the wine that they brought on the trays was limited to only that type- no substitutions. :(

No snacks either, as if that was a big loss.

By "they" I'm saying the Food & Beverage director on the Royal at this time.

Oh, here's another great cutback since we last cruised in Dec.

Last night at the Captains repeater party there is no more ordering of any drinks other than what is offered. (with the exception of a glass of beer. Even the wine that they brought on the trays was limited to only that type- no substitutions. :(

No snacks either, as if that was a big loss.

Last party (Jan on Grand Princess) it looked like one bottle of rum was used for all the drinks served.

I don't mind using leftover card punches from a previous cruise to get plain old brewed coffee in the morning. I don't often get specialty coffees anyway, as the ones I like tend to be "sugary" and I try not to do a lot of that.

Based on what I'm reading here, I do object to the fact that if I purchased a coffee card that is purportedly good for 15 "products", but with the addition of an expiration date, may well expire before I use up all of the punches, then Princess is not giving me the full value for my purchase. In my mind, that's a rip-off!

I'm hoping to use my cards from my Fall transatlantic on the Emerald, leaving tomorrow for a 30 day South America cruise. I will change my mini bar for more cards, use those if I can't use the others. I don't look at this as a major problem, not at all.

We are on the Regal now. We brought several coffee cards on board from prior cruises. They have been honored. The baristas have not even checked the back of the cards. We also exchanged our mini bar for 2 coffee cards. They have expiration dates of 12/31/18. I gave those two cards to two different passengers in the coffee line as each were new cruisers with their blue cruise cards. They were delighted and I was happy to share.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

I'm still not clear...do the new card completely become useless on the "expiration date"? If so, as stated above, that's a rip-off for those who don't use the card a lot or don't cruise frequently.

I'm confused also. I have always used coffee cards for latte's only, so have always had the card punched. If I buy a new card with an expiration date does that mean that even the punches for my latte's expire if I don't use them all before the expire date? :confused:

By "they" I'm saying the Food & Beverage director on the Royal at this time. .

Before getting too POft is this another case where "one" Princess ship officer has decided on a policy that isn't a fleet wide policy? The number of times where a ship's officer has been totally off base about corporate policy requires your fingers and toes to keep track. Not saying it isn't true and of course FLlover heard it from the FB director so he/she is reporting what was told. However as others have said, it seems strange to sell tickets that you then invalidate. Understand the "brewed coffee" thing per voyage. Will be interesting to see how this plays out over time,

I'm still not clear...do the new card completely become useless on the "expiration date"? If so, as stated above, that's a rip-off for those who don't use the card a lot or don't cruise frequently.

sorry, but no - just a change in policy for new cards - just don't buy/exchange if it doesn't work for you...:evilsmile:

I'm confused also. I have always used coffee cards for latte's only, so have always had the card punched. If I buy a new card with an expiration date does that mean that even the punches for my latte's expire if I don't use them all before the expire date? :confused:

Apparently the new policy is use it up by expiration date or lose it. Only question will be is how long they give us to use up the punches

Interesting, we are going on a 14 day cruise (not back to back) from 12/19 to 1/4 so if the coffee cards purchased have an expiration date of 12/31 wondering how that will work.....can only use the card until 12/31 and pay for days 1/1 to 1/4:confused:.

IMHO, the expiration date should be one year from month of purchase....ex purchased 3/2018, expires 3/2019(y)