Room Service

juliet

The above applies to all Princess ships as far as I'm aware. You can get a hot breakfast if you are in a suite, but you can also go to Sabatini's.

In general (not breakfast) we found room service on Princess in a "normal" cabin to be much better quality than on most other lines

Princess is a bit different from most other lines. It’s just a matter of allocating resources. Other lines I’ve been on have a full breakfast and lunch room service menu but their buffets are open only limited hours for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I’ve come back from a tour at about 2pm and the only options were room service or the grill, pizza, etc. Not on Princess.

On Princess, the room service menu is more limited (but IMHO adequate) and the buffet is open for a full meal from about 6am until 11pm.

Most Princess ships also have an International Cafe which is open 24/7. It’s light years better than anything I’ve had on Celebrity, RCCL or HAL.

On our November cruise on the royal, I hand wrote hash browns and bacon on our breakfast card and they brought everything.

One has to be careful though. I wanted 4 slices of bacon and put x4 next to the bacon entry. I got 4 large orders of bacon. D'Oh! We don't usually order room service breakfast as neither one of us wants to be responsible for answering the door. :) When we have we have never had a problem adding on what we wanted. It was always delivered and was always hot. Unless it has changed recently this is the "standard" hang tag for room service breakfast.

enhance

You now can use princess at sea WiFi to order your room service breakfast. The menu is the same as the door cards but no need to worry about having them removed by pranksters overnight.

On the cards you can write in something extra and it may or may not show up.

Can you write in something extra using the Princess@Sea method?

Just a heads up to those ordering morning room service and being prepared to answer the door. We've often had the delivery show up even a bit earlier than the timespan we had checked on the card. We've had 10-15 minutes earlier several times. These were usually when checking the earlier timespans on a port day. I think they are probably trying to get a "jump" on the deliveries for that morning.

On the cards you can write in something extra and it may or may not show up.

Can you write in something extra using the Princess@Sea method?

Sorry I don’t remember a spot to add items. It had check off boxes beside the items desired. There may be a space to write stuff in but I can’t say for sure. We just ordered juice, milk and egg sandwiches prior to going ashore to meet an excursion group. Otherwise we eat breakfast in the buffet or dining room.

Just a heads up to those ordering morning room service and being prepared to answer the door. We've often had the delivery show up even a bit earlier than the timespan we had checked on the card. We've had 10-15 minutes earlier several times. These were usually when checking the earlier timespans on a port day. I think they are probably trying to get a "jump" on the deliveries for that morning.

We found this to be true also. Love your ICON. Go Bucks![emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree.

We usually book room service breakfast on port days. Usually turns up 15-20 mins prior to requested time.

No cooked breakfast in Balcony cabins, unless you want a breakfast muffin.

Have written GRAPES alongside suggested fruits and more often than not have been lucky enough to receive them.

On the Regal in December we first called the night before to order breakfast and asked for poached eggs and fresh berries but they said not available, so we just checked off the boxes for something else.

Later on we found out you can pretty much get anything including the above, lox bagels and cream cheese, assorted pastries, if you write it on the door tag. We then had fabulous breakfasts several days on our balcony and we were not in a suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I ordered coffee for the 7:00 - 7:30 time and they knocked on the door at 6:30. I told them it was too early and to come back in the time I ordered. They already have their built in buffer of a half hour window. They left and came back at 7:05. If people just stop accepting subpar service then things would change for the better. As long as people accept things as presented then why should things change.

In our experience on several different ships and not in a suite, we have ordered scrambled eggs with bacon or sausage and received it. You could call room service and ask them.

Our experience in a balcony cabin on the Emerald Princess last September was the same. We ordered a full hot breakfast w/ bacon and eggs from room service several days, without any problems. However, please be aware that they bring very large portions ! Needless to say, we did not need any lunch whatsoever. :p

On both Regal & Royal I have always received any extra items I wrote on the hang tag. As long as I get my coffee I am right with the world but sometimes I like to have eggs or an omelet. I normally tip $3 but if there are extra items I tip $5. Typically I have had the same delivery person every day. I ask them on the first day to give me a call a few minutes before they come. I cruise 5-6 a yr on different lines, have always gotten good service & the food arrives hot & on time.