Divina - "Inclusive" Classic Drink Package - Upgrade to Premium??

pfs

Has anyone been able to upgrade the Classic drink package that was included as part of a promotion, to the Premium package?

Thanks!

We did it on Splendida the other week. It was €18 pppd (not sure what that will be in USD) plus 15% gratuity.

For our next sailing which has the classic package added, I just called and asked them to upgrade to the premium so we won't pay the 15% extra gratuity, just pay the difference between the classic and premium at final payment.

Edited by peteukmcr

Hello,

I just "fought" it out with MSC - we had the same situation like yours: Cheers-package is included but we wanted to go for Allegrissimo-package. They refused on the hotline to do the upgrade, but I contacted then the travel agency and they called their responsible salesperson of MSC. Now I have the guarantee that I will get the 15 % fee, which I have to pay on board back after my journey as an upgrade on board is possible.

Best regards,

Wolfgang

WWWFLA - It was a special they were running when we booked the cruise, they had an "all-inclusive" deal where you booked the cruise and they included the Classic all you can drink, $40 room credit, and an Internet package. They are saying the bonuses were free, however, I know my cruise fare was much higher than if I'd just bought the cruise alone. Now I wanted to upgrade to the Premium package, but they tell me I'd need to pay for the entire package ($500+) rather than the upgrade cost ($140).

Other cruise lines, such as NCL for instance, only charged us to the upgrade cost.

Wolfgang - I booked directly with MSC. Perhaps I'll try again when on board (Nov. 5), you would think they'd rather have $140/pp, rather than nothing.

I had that same call to MSC and was told I would have to buy the premium package as well. Even though the "free" drink promotion that we have now is an upcharge of the room rate as well. I said why would I want to pay for 2 different drink packages? Someday they will get the message that stuff like this does not make sense.

• 3 months later...

Cruising on the Divina in April in the Aurea class which, of course, includes the classic beverage package. I, too, was told by two different phone reps that I could not upgrade to the premium. However, both reps did also tell me that if we order anything that is over the allowance (which I think is around $8 for liquor) we simply pay the difference on that drink. Can anyone confirm this? Also, I've perused a good number of their menus and I see that for liquors that are included in the classic package the serving is 1.5 oz (a standard shot) but does this include mixers at all?

Cruising on the Divina in April in the Aurea class which, of course, includes the classic beverage package. I, too, was told by two different phone reps that I could not upgrade to the premium. However, both reps did also tell me that if we order anything that is over the allowance (which I think is around $8 for liquor) we simply pay the difference on that drink. Can anyone confirm this? Also, I've perused a good number of their menus and I see that for liquors that are included in the classic package the serving is 1.5 oz (a standard shot) but does this include mixers at all?
Not true ....... you pay the full price.

You can order a 'standard' shot or a double and a mixer no problem.

Upgrading drinks packages can be done onboard. The upcharges are at the bottom of the drinks packages lists which are available on every table in the bars/lounges for the first couple of days of the cruise. The offer is only open for that time. These are the current prices in Euros - they'll be different in USD:

WANT TO UPGRADEYOUR PREPAID BEVERAGE PACKAGE?:

from CHEERS! to ALLEGRISSIMO

ADULT at € 9.5

CHILD at € 3 (per day)

from CHEERS! to ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM

ADULT at € 27.5 (per day)

CHILD at € 12 (per day)

from ALLEGRISSIMO to ALLEGRISSIMO PREMIUM

ADULT at € 18 (per day)

CHILD at € 9 (per day)

The CHEERS! and ALLEGRISSIMO package is valid for every day of che cruise and cannot be purchased on a daily basis. The package must be booked by all guests

It is $16 pppd to upgrade from the basic to the premium package plus 15% service charge.

Edit for clarification: Allegrissimo is the classic and Cheers is the mealtime drinks package

Has anyone who has recently sailed the Divina had luck upgrading their beverage package and, if so, what is the cost? We are sailing in April and have booked Aurea cabins, so the classic package is included. If possible, I'd like to upgrade to the premium package using some of our OBC once on board. I certainly won't let it ruin our cruise if we can't, but I also wouldn't mind be able to get champagne and the nicer wines by the glass, either! ;p

Has anyone who has recently sailed the Divina had luck upgrading their beverage package and, if so, what is the cost? We are sailing in April and have booked Aurea cabins, so the classic package is included. If possible, I'd like to upgrade to the premium package using some of our OBC once on board. I certainly won't let it ruin our cruise if we can't, but I also wouldn't mind be able to get champagne and the nicer wines by the glass, either! ;p

See the post immediately prior to yours.

See the post immediately prior to yours.

Thank you, but that information looks to be for European cruises, and I have gotten the impression from these boards that MSC tends to do certain things differently with regard to Divina in the Caribbean.

Thank you, but that information looks to be for European cruises, and I have gotten the impression from these boards that MSC tends to do certain things differently with regard to Divina in the Caribbean.

Sorry ............. I meant to refer you to the price differences: $16 pppd + 15% between classic and premium. That is what it would cost for you to upgrade should the offer be available onboard.

Sorry ............. I meant to refer you to the price differences: $16 pppd + 15% between classic and premium. That is what it would cost for you to upgrade should the offer be available onboard.

Thank you for clarifying, Bea. For $16 a day, I think I'm going to go for it. So much stress at home these days, I deserve it! ;p

Thank you for clarifying, Bea. For $16 a day, I think I'm going to go for it. So much stress at home these days, I deserve it! ;p

I hope you can upgrade - I usually get the premium and think it's fantastic value for what it offers. Especially the wider variety of included wines in the MDR which is the main draw for me. That and the convenience of the mini-bar which are just some of the things included. As L'Oreal says: "because I'm worth it!" LOL

• 1 month later...

thanks, wonder what is considered premium. Is it like Beefeaters, Tanqurey, Bombay...or just perhaps Hendricks. Beers is Blue Moon considered a premium. RC and Celebrity have a break down which is nice...and example if I was cruising on the Celebrity I might jump up to premium after reading their list just wondering about MSC as this will be our first time.

• 3 months later...

For those trying to upgrade from Classic to Deluxe, call MSC and tell them to add OBS code 536UPGAD to your booking. That's the special service code for Caribbean sailings. MSC's description is this: THIS PACKAGE IS BOOKABLE ONLY FOR THE GUESTS WITH ALL-INCLUSIVE CLASSIC DRINK PACKAGE (PREPAID OR INCLUDED IN CRUISE TICKET)

Sorry for the all caps...too lazy to retype. Interested to hear what they tell you guys. I haven't tried it personally, but it is in writing for Winter 17-18 sailings (which I think is roughly September through March).

Bret

Edited by cruiseguyinorl
Changed wording to Deluxe instead of Premium.

For those trying to upgrade from Classic to Deluxe, call MSC and tell them to add OBS code 536UPGAD to your booking. That's the special service code for Caribbean sailings. MSC's description is this: THIS PACKAGE IS BOOKABLE ONLY FOR THE GUESTS WITH ALL-INCLUSIVE CLASSIC DRINK PACKAGE (PREPAID OR INCLUDED IN CRUISE TICKET)

Sorry for the all caps...too lazy to retype. Interested to hear what they tell you guys. I haven't tried it personally, but it is in writing for Winter 17-18 sailings (which I think is roughly September through March).

Bret

That's the code that's showing on my email from MSC to upgrade the Classic all-inclusive package that you get with an Aurea cabin to the deluxe package on our sailing on Divina in March 2019.

We sailed Divina in November 2016, and in January 2017. They would NOT upgrade us by calling or after onboard. Perhaps things have changed since then. Good luck, it's a nice ship.

We sailed Divina in November 2016, and in January 2017. They would NOT upgrade us by calling or after onboard. Perhaps things have changed since then. Good luck, it's a nice ship.

I think it's only a recent introduction as I couldn't upgrade the package on my Aurea booking for last October's cruise beforehand. However, I was able to once onboard, but that was on Sinfonia from Venice to Durban.

Perhaps there has been a lot of complaints around the issue which MSC has responded to? Anything that generates more income is bound to get a positive response! Especially when it also means MSC receiving monies upfront of the sailing date! It's a no-brainer as far as they're concerned.

Bret

Going to have my TA try to apply this to our Seaside inaugural sailing in December. We got the all inclusive classic as a perk when we booked in Jan 2016. Will report back if it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums