Summer / Winter 2019 Itineraries

Geoffa30

Hi All

We're usually Princess cruisers and expect to reach Elite status in September 2018 so are thinking of then branching out to other lines and would like to try a Viking Ocean cruise.

I'm hoping someone accustomed with Viking Ocean Cruises might be able to say when the Summer / Winter 2019 itineraries might be released. Does anyone have any idea based on when 2018 was released?

Also, does Viking release cruises to the US first? We're in the UK and I read on a Viking Alaska 2019 thread that cruises had been on sale in the US for some weeks before they popped up in the UK which meant some cabin categories were already sold out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

Geoff.

Hi All

We're usually Princess cruisers and expect to reach Elite status in September 2018 so are thinking of then branching out to other lines and would like to try a Viking Ocean cruise.

I'm hoping someone accustomed with Viking Ocean Cruises might be able to say when the Summer / Winter 2019 itineraries might be released. Does anyone have any idea based on when 2018 was released?

Also, does Viking release cruises to the US first? We're in the UK and I read on a Viking Alaska 2019 thread that cruises had been on sale in the US for some weeks before they popped up in the UK which meant some cabin categories were already sold out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers.

Geoff.

Hi Geoff,

Spoke yesterday with our TA about a December 2019 Viking cruise.(Viking Sea).

She called Viking. She was told that the schedule will be out the end of October or beginning of November.

Cheers,

Morris

Call me cynical but it seems to me that they may say that the cheaper grades are all booked up to force you to pay more by reserving a more expensive one!

I was able to get V1 on my first cruise but that was before the ship was even built. 2.5 years before sailing.(Viking Homelands). I wanted to do Mediterranean Odyssey but the last one available was in March 2018 and had been on sale for quiet some time. I thought maybe they weren't going to offer it again but my Viking agent assured me they were but he didn't know when.. I dropped an email to TellUs@Viking and was given the assurance it was going to be offered 6 additional time next year with the months and was told when it would be put on sale. Informed the agent and he was able to book us first day of availability. (10 months out)There are not lots of these cabins and with the price point, they do move quickly.

Call me cynical but it seems to me that they may say that the cheaper grades are all booked up to force you to pay more by reserving a more expensive one!

Yes, I can't prove you wrong, but that does seem rather cynical. There is a significant group out here who can/will only take a Viking Cruise at the lowest price point. We watch for new cruises to open up, and then pounce. I have booked both of our Viking Oceans cruises at least 18 months out in order to secure a cabin at the price point I want. That way, I can take more Viking cruises!

If you download the Viking ap the 2017-2019 Viking Oceans catalog is available. Going thru it I noted that there are some 2019 cruises available but most of the itineraries only go thru 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
If you download the Viking ap the 2017-2019 Viking Oceans catalog is available. Going thru it I noted that there are some 2019 cruises available but most of the itineraries only go thru 2018.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I booked an Alaska May 2019 yesterday and it was really difficult getting a cabin. All standard verandahs gone. They are so very popular I see.

Is this App in the AppStore on iPhone? All I get is Viking games.

I booked our entry level cabin a full 2 years in advance for Viking Homelands in Aug 2018! (More $$$ saved=travel more often). Anyway, there aren't that many "cheapest" cabins available on any given ship (only 20) I knew they would go fast and they did. When I booked there were 10 cabins left. Within a month the V1 cabins were sold out. Things do open up now and then so keep checking for cancellations.

It's a long 2 years waiting Only 11 months to go!

Keep checking their web site for new cruises for 2019.

I saw two new salings for summer of 2019 under Baltic/ Northern Europe.

One is called Russia and Baltic Seas ; other is Iceland Majestic Landing.

Both have v1 and v2 cabins available currently.

Keep checking their web site for new cruises for 2019.

I saw two new salings for summer of 2019 under Baltic/ Northern Europe.

One is called Russia and Baltic Seas ; other is Iceland Majestic Landing.

Both have v1 and v2 cabins available currently.

I saw those yesterday. I am interested in Russia and Baltic Seas, but I just finished paying for the Trade Routes of the Middle Ages for 2018! Unfortunately, I am pretty certain that the V1 and V2 cabins will be all booked by the time I will be ready to make a commitment. I will keep watching.

I booked our June 2019 Alaska cruise six months ago in a DV6. They had just come out and the lower cost verandas were already saying sold out or waitlisted. They also said that because this itinerary is so popular they want FULL payment by THIS December (18 months before sailing). This may well be a common practice for Viking, I'm just not a fan of them keeping that much money for that long. That being said, we're still very excited about our first Viking experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I booked our June 2019 Alaska cruise six months ago in a DV6. They had just come out and the lower cost verandas were already saying sold out or waitlisted. They also said that because this itinerary is so popular they want FULL payment by THIS December (18 months before sailing). This may well be a common practice for Viking, I'm just not a fan of them keeping that much money for that long. That being said, we're still very excited about our first Viking experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That’s weird. I’m booked for May 2019 and full payment not required until Feb 2019.

That’s weird. I’m booked for May 2019 and full payment not required until Feb 2019.

Pushka, that is because you are in Australia and Viking has different policies for its various markets. In the US, the best we can seem to do these days is 'payment in full' is due six months before sailing. In 2014, we booked our first cruise for June, 2016 and p-i-f was due December, 2014--to a cruise line that yet to sail its first ocean cruise and on a ship that wasn't even built yet. But, people wanted to sail on Viking and were willing to go along with this pay now sail later plan. I can't imagine how it would have been if everybody had told them, "no, we aren't paying this far out."