Crasiest or Dumbest things you have heard people complain about

spyder1

Hi Everyone

Ive been reading and many of the posts have made me laugh.....I have always said...YOU HAVE TO TRY VERY HARD TO HAVE A BAD TIME ON A CRUISE (VACATION) .....BUT SOME PEOPLE ARE ABLE TO DO IT!!!!!!

If they spent a little more time focusing on relaxing and what is good about the trip....

AS I have cruised for many years. I have become more bold about saying to complainers...We are trying to enjoy our cruise please don't spoil it for everyone...then start clapping.....usually others who are suffering in silence will join in which usually causes the complaining to stop....IF we the ENJOYERS did this more...we might be able to take back our vacations....

WE could start a thread about our success!!!

I agree however I just can't seem to get over red hot rage when I see people (usually grandmas) putting towels out at 7am, on 4,5,6 and more lounge chairs. Then they become occupied (sometimes) around 11am by the rest of the family who got to sleep in and have a leisurely breakfast then wander out to the pool to their very own personal and reserved chair.

• 2 months later...

Last September on our awesome Carnival Splendor cruise, we were unfortunately accosted one evening by a lady who endlessly complained that her travel agent had misrepresented both the size of the cabins and the amenities on board the ship (in particular, telling her that the Splendor had a SkyRide -- it doesn't and never has).

Now you may be asking: What makes these complaints "Crazy" or "Dumb"?

Simple. She blamed Carnival for all this. Her travel agent lied his head off about the Splendor and its amenities, but she never thought for even a second to assign blame there. No, it was all Carnival's fault. She held the travel agent blameless whilst repeatedly telling everyone within earshot (which unfortunately included us that evening) how much she hated Carnival and would never sail it again because she didn't get the amenities she was promised by a NON-CARNIVAL EMPLOYEE who was obviously just after their commission.

She seemed nonplussed and calmed down a bit when we told her we always check a ship's official website (they all have one) before assuming what amenities will and will not be available, and also mentioned the great time we were having (which was true -- we'd gladly sail on the Splendor again). Fortunately, the show started then, and we left afterwards by a different exit. I looked over during the finale when everyone in the crowd was dancing along to "You Should Be Dancing," and she was sitting there with her arms crossed, scowling at all around her.

The next night, we walked by her in the MDR on our way out and heard her once again yammering to a new set of uncomfortable-looking fellow passengers about how Carnival was to blame for her travel agent's lies.

Edited by RaiderDuck

• 4 months later...

Admittedly my wife and I cruise rarely and have not been up on all the cruise etiquette. Also, we are a bit younger than the average HAL customer but like the environment/leisurely pace. So in 2007 we are on a HAL cruise through NZ, TZ, and AU and had signed up for numerous bus tours. On one of our first bus tours we had all filed off the bus to see a site. When we got back on the bus some others had taken our seats. No problem we thought, we will just sit somewhere else. So we went further back and sat down. This group of six older folks come on and the female leader starts berating my wife and I for stealing their seats and something about "haven't you ever been on a cruise before". My wife was absolutely embarrassed and I just let this lady vent. It turns out we were on almost every excursion with the same group. It was miserable. Here come's the funny part. About 3 days before the cruise ends I end up chatting with the husband and we end up doing the secret U.S. Navy handshake. Then it turns out that I work for his son. After the "handshake" it all went well and the husband told his wife to turn it down it a bit.

It's a small world.....

• Haha 1

First day on a cruise out of New Orleans, 4 of the 6 of us are sitting at the dinner table, and the last two arrive. An English lady from Carlisle complains about the two remaining seats at the table "Oh I don't want to sit there and look out the window, because I don't like being on boats" (If you've seen the movie Chicken Run, it didn't help that she sounded like Mrs Tweedy)

OMG, she just flew how far to be on a boat and the first words out of her mouth were "I don't like being on boats!!!". Her poor husband seemed nice enough, but completely hen-pecked.

Of course throughout the cruise there were complaints about the food every night, including sending back some Prime Rib because there was just a hint of pink in the middle "It's not cooked!", and one that sticks in my mind "I don't like garlic in my mashed potato". She would come to dinner and order a burger <sigh>.

This meant war, and I went out of my way to order things I knew would offend her, such as rare steaks, and Escargot. "Wow aren't these snails EXCELLENT!"

I'm sort of curious? Was this woman supposed to eat her prime rib overly rare for her tastes to make you happy? I have no problem with people requesting crisper bacon or that the steak be more well done. As long as they do so politely they certainly have every right to have their food the way they like it. Nice thing about Norwegian Cruise line is that you are typically eating only with your own group. So if you must return a food item for additional cooking only your family are waiting for you to finish eating. Personally I wouldn't want to take the time to send something back. I ordered some prime rib medium on a recent Cruise and it came out from the kitchen still mooing. My boyfriend's prime rib was perfect and the serving size was much bigger than either of us needed so we just shared and I left the poor bleeding cow on my plate untouched.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Forums mobile app

Some family down the hall complained on arrival day that the beds aren't made upon their arrival. The steward kept saying, "Everything will be done around 6-7pm." The dude got pissed and said, "What I paid all this and can't even have a nap for the first few hours?"

Sometimes room stewards will let you drop off your bags even though the room is not ready so that you don't have to carry them with you to lunch but I would be really shocked if a cruise line did not have the dirty Linens from the previous Cruise removed from the room and the bed made up with fresh Linens before allowing passengers to fully occupied the room. This is usually completed a long time before 7 p.m.! On the other hand if it was just a matter of the beds being separated or put together in a different configuration then it would not matter as the person could easily take a nap with the bed in either configuration.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was on the NCL Getaway a few years ago. As I walking by the guest services desk, I can hear a woman complaining very loudly about her stateroom. She claimed that she was claustrophobic and needed a window or balcony. It did not go over too well when she was told that there were no rooms available and that she shouldn't have booked and interior room if it was a problem for her.

Seriously, it's not like you don't know what kind of room you have before the cruise. Common sense: If you have issues with claustrophobia, don't book an interior room. She was probably trying to get a free upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Tales of two complaints about free vacations. My father in law once worked for a company that paid for it's employees and their families to go on a group vacation every year.

1. In laws and other employees are taken on a cruise to the Bahamas, which included the soft drink package, gratuities, and the cruise.

They complained that they didn't want to dress up to go to the special dinner the company had arranged.

They didn't like their stateroom.

Everything in the shops was too expensive.

The cruise was too short.

2. In laws and other employees are flown to Atlantis Bahamas, and their room, flight, and some meals are paid for.

They complained how expensive food was.

They complained that it was too hot.

They didn't want to dress up for the special dinner.

Now, FIL was laid off from that company, and they miss the annual vacations. :rolleyes:

By the way, they are in no means struggling financially, and could well afford to spend hundreds on food during the Atlantis trip, but complained the whole time.

• 3 months later...

Overheard while walking past customer services which had a queue. The *bloke in front on me while walking commented to his buddy "I cant believe they are people still arriving on the boat"...I nearly killed myself from trying not to burst out laughing as we were on our 2nd day at sea after leaving port!

*nationality not disclosed for fear of offending the more intelligent members of this fine country.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

On the Wind Surf a passenger was asking if she could pay the hostess to babysit her 2 kids that she brought on board. The hostess was very nice and explained that Windstar is not setup to cater to kids or people that bring young children onboard. The woman spent the rest of the cruise trying to pay other passengers to watch her kids. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really hoping for a relaxing and uneventful (negative wise) trip in a few days. But working in healthcare, I know there are ridiculous requests and expectations in all settings. Some of my patients think the H means hospitality, not hospital.

Thank you for some amusement, all previous posters.

Say, should I learn God Save the Queen to sing when I get to the Bahamas, haha, snerk, haha.

• 4 weeks later...

There was a women on our latest NCL cruise who was pretty annoying by the end our trip. It was a small ship so you tend to run into the same people a lot on a long sailing. It was a lot of stuff, but what really made me roll my eyes was on the way back from an excursion, she was telling the people sitting next to her (we were right in front of her) that she went to complain to the head of operations about how she left her 7 year old son on the ship while she went on an excursion by herself and there was nothing for him to do. Never mind that it's against policy to leave your small child on board alone while you're in port.

There was also another lady, same cruise, who we saw in Las Ramblas (the tapas bar) yelling at her husband about how he'd wanted to have dinner there but "this is not a restaurant!" No, it's pretty clear that it's small plates - she thought it was a sit down and then blamed her husband.

Lets just say, cruising with relatives has it's own share of... interesting events. And, at this point, I will never take a major vacation with my mother ever again. Weekender? Ok. Week long cruise.... *BLEEP* no.

• Haha 1