Boston Questions

Librarygirl59

Where do you get on the harbor cruise? We are thinking about the HOHO as well. Can you still take pics of the Constitution - just not get on? What's the museum there like? Thanks for any info.

I would like to know where the harbor cruise is also. We are also planning to do the HOHO. Do you hop off somewhere, do the harbor cruise, then hop on again? Also, another thread mentioned that the trolley will pick you up at the ship? Is this correct? TIA and highjack to Kath: we want to do same things you do. We REALLY SHOULD cruise together some day!

I would like to know where the harbor cruise is also. We are also planning to do the HOHO. Do you hop off somewhere, do the harbor cruise, then hop on again? Also, another thread mentioned that the trolley will pick you up at the ship? Is this correct? TIA and highjack to Kath: we want to do same things you do. We REALLY SHOULD cruise together some day!

I will also be in Boston for the first time in a few weeks. I bought my Old Town Trolley tour tickets on-line (included harbour cruise and Old State House), but there is some essential information to consider regarding HOHO's in Tom's port guide:- https://www.tomsportguides.com/uploads/5/8/5/4/58547429/boston-04-21-2013.pdf

I originally planned to pick up the Trolley at the port bus stop, but having read Tom's guide, if an inexpensive ship transfer to Fanueil Hall is available I will definitely consider this as my starting point. There are good maps in his guide also which should help you plan your day. Have a great cruise. .

Okay, I am researching Old Town Trolley Tours HOHO. On TripAdvisor I also found City View Trolley Tours (HOHO) Sounds like the exact same thing but it's about $10 cheaper. And yes, it includes the harbor cruise. Anyone have any advice? I might post a thread about this.

Okay, I am researching Old Town Trolley Tours HOHO. On TripAdvisor I also found City View Trolley Tours (HOHO) Sounds like the exact same thing but it's about $10 cheaper. And yes, it includes the harbor cruise. Anyone have any advice? I might post a thread about this.

It doesn't pick up near the pier and has a less extensive route than Old Town Trolley.

Yes one of these days! We do often find ourselves just missing by a week or 2.

I think we have actually decided to do most of the things we want to do by walking. Give us a chance to walk off all the cruise food. We're happy the Constitution is open again. Think we will start there and work our way back. We figure we can get a cab back if we've had enough walking.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes one of these days! We do often find ourselves just missing by a week or 2.

I think we have actually decided to do most of the things we want to do by walking. Give us a chance to walk off all the cruise food. We're happy the Constitution is open again. Think we will start there and work our way back. We figure we can get a cab back if we've had enough walking.

You are braver than me lol. I am a former smoker-smoked 1 1/2 packs/day for a LONG time. Quit cold turkey 8 1/2 years ago. But I do still experience huffs and puffs when walking uphill. We are also in Boston the day after elegant night and Captain's cocktail party and I plan to CELEBRATE. So I think I am safer sitting on a trolley than wandering the streets of Boston! :o:evilsmile: GOOD LUCK and I hope to hear all about it before we leave!

The Harbor Cruise we did started from Long Wharf right next to the Marriott Long Wharf. You can either do it as part of a HOHO tour or you can do it on its own. In all the Harbor cruise is about one hour.

The Harbor Cruise we did started from Long Wharf right next to the Marriott Long Wharf. You can either do it as part of a HOHO tour or you can do it on its own. In all the Harbor cruise is about one hour.

Okay, I'm gonna bite....what exactly is the harbor cruise? Also, do they announce the "stop" it's at when you are on the HOHO trolley?

Okay, I'm gonna bite....what exactly is the harbor cruise? Also, do they announce the "stop" it's at when you are on the HOHO trolley?

My understanding is that it is a narrated ride around the inner harbor west of Logan Airport. The start of the Old Town Trolley and the harbor cruise are both at the Long Wharf area, so that would be Stop 1. If you take the connector Trolley from Black Falcon, you would be getting off the Trolley at Stop 1 anyway to transfer to the main line loop or to the harbor cruise.

You are braver than me lol. I am a former smoker-smoked 1 1/2 packs/day for a LONG time. Quit cold turkey 8 1/2 years ago. But I do still experience huffs and puffs when walking uphill. We are also in Boston the day after elegant night and Captain's cocktail party and I plan to CELEBRATE. So I think I am safer sitting on a trolley than wandering the streets of Boston! :o:evilsmile: GOOD LUCK and I hope to hear all about it before we leave!

We walk 3 miles nearly every day so we're both in pretty good shape. The Sunshine doesn't have a deck that goes all around the ship and the runners usually run walkers off the track, so we're looking to walk as much as we can in the ports. Trying to talk DH into doing treadmills on the ship.

I'll try to pop in and report if I can.

Good morning from Boston!

I work about 1 mile from the Black Falcon terminal. I also drive in to work every day.

Just an FYI to all that plan on taking any Uber's, Taxi, Trolleys, HOHO buses. Traffic is absolutely horrendous in the city between 7am-10am and 3pm-7pm. If you visited this past month note people were on vacation. Now all higher ed schools are back in and everyone is back from vacation. Expect a long wait in a bus going from the Black Falcon to anywhere touristy. If you can walk or take the T then those are your best options.

Enjoy the city and good luck to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone mentioned a ferry near the Constitution. Is that an option?

The MBTA operates a ferry from the Charlestown Navy Yard to Long Wharf, which is convenient to Christopher Columbus park, leading to the North End, or down to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market.

Rowes Wharf water taxis provides service from the Navy Yard to Rowes Wharf, which is a bit farther from the North End.

Boston Harbor Cruises offers water taxis from the Navy Yard to several wharfs along the North End. I would recommend Battery Wharf, as this is closest to the historic sites of the North End as well as Hanover Street for the restaurants and bakeries. If you want canolis and cookies as good as Mike's without the wait and crowds, go a couple blocks off Hanover to Bova's bakery.

Yes! Thanks! Hopefully good weather all the way. So glad we are heading north!

I think you would have been heading north even if you had a Caribbean itinerary :loudcry: Have a GREAT WEEK and enjoy your aft wrap! (y) Hope you can understand the language in Boston! :p I went to college right outside Boston (Beverly-next to Salem) and my BFF/2nd family are originally from Boston so I am used to it! ;)

• 1 month later...

Thanks to everyone for all the info and to the OP for asking the questions! There is lots of valuable info in this thread for my trip next year. We are disembarking in Boston so time is not a constraint for us. Boston has for too long been on my bucket list and I really want to experience as much as I can on this visit. It sounds like if I tour immediately after disembarking and stay overnight that I can see most of the historically significant sights.